Thread: 6L90 Gear and Tire change problem Help needed

Tuner in Training

6L90 Gear and Tire change problem Help needed

Well here is the story I have a 2010 Chevy Suburban 2500 4X4 6.0L 6L90 Trans it has 6" lift 34" tires that are 33.50" stock gears were 3.73 and now has 4.56 gears. I changed the speedo and used the auto scale. The problem I am having is WOT from a dead stop takes off slow (feel like it is in 2nd) and then hits hard and chirps the tires. Then 2nd to 3rd the rpm jumps like the trans is slipping and shifts at 6k rpm. It seems to me that the rpm is hitting 6k before it gets to the shift speed. Driving normal it seems to shift fine. I purchased a HP VCM tuner to tune the trans to make my truck perform like a 6L90e should. I would like to supercharge this 6.0L but not until I can get the trans dialed in. I found out that this 6 speed tranny is very complex and difficult to tune.any help or direction would be great. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JFW65; 06-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    How about any help in changing WOT shift points for a 6L90 ?

Tuner in Training
    Well quick update the HP Tuner auto scale worked perfect the problem was When I bought this truck from a GM dealer out of state they serviced the motor and Trans and did not fill the Trans all the way. 2 quarts later and the flaring is gone. Now I can set shift speeds etc. thought i would post the results may help someone down the road. Sometime it's the easy things that get over looked. This Trans must be sensitive to low oil. I found out by searching it happened to a G8.

Here are two thing`s for you. Go to pe set pe delay to around 2500 rpm, set enrichment rate to 2. Then go to airflow,Electronic throttle set the opening rate to 100.
    Last edited by c.u; 06-06-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Here are two thing`s for you. Go to pe set pe delay to around 2500 rpm, set enrichment rate to 2. Then go to airflow,Electronic throttle set the opening rate to 100.
    I cant get to those setting ? Is it only available on the Pro version ? I also can't find PID logs to do fast learn ?

See if you have it set to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I will check tommorrow don't have my pc at work but Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    See if you have it set to this.
    That was it I was in Basic Thx

Tuner in Training
    Had time to look found PE Delay but not sure on what is enrichment rate ? also set the Elec Throttle to 100%

Post your new tune. I just want make sure you got the opening rate rite. For PE

Tuner in Training
    I will later this week working double shifts this week. Will this help performance WOT ?

Tuner in Training
    Here it is Sorry it took so long crazy work week.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JFW65; 06-14-2013 at 04:45 PM.

You need PE for wot fueling. The way it is set up on both tunes it will never go into PE at this point. With the delay set to 8921 rpm. This is why ask you to lower it so you could start on your trans tuning.

Tuner in Training
    That's how I have it did not load it yet. I must have posted the same tune sorry but I will try it and let you know how it worked. Thanks again for your time.

Potential Tuner
    Im also having trouble getting my 6l90 to shift right i habe the same set up as you..do you mind sending me your tune