Thread: "DOD" on 07 denali disabled?

Tuner in Training

"DOD" on 07 denali disabled?

Hey guys, I did a search but didn’t see what I need here.. I bought a 07 Denali AWD, 125 k miles. One owner (50’s+ guy). I started to do some tuning on it last night and seen the DOD was “disabled”. What im wondering is can I just turn that to “enable” and everything will work correctly? Any idea y its off??

If you are referring to a 2007 L92 6.2L engine - these were equipped with VVT, but not with AFM (DOD).

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply shrek. what would it do if i enable it? or can i adjust the VVT to get better mileage? anyone else have info on this as well??

Quote Originally Posted by blown383z28 View Post
    thanks for the reply shrek. what would it do if i enable it? or can i adjust the VVT to get better mileage? anyone else have info on this as well??
    It will turn off the fuel to those four cylinders and you will have 4 dead misses. The DOD motors have different lifters and a different valley cover to operate those lifters. (It stops opening the intake valves, to create a "spring" effect. So that it doesn't rock the whole truck when it doesn't fire).