Thread: (Aussie) V8 Super Cars!

Senior Tuner

(Aussie) V8 Super Cars!

So I was looking through my TiVo for recorded races and noticed it started recording Aussie V8 Super Car series. Very cool! I loved watching it a couple of years ago, now that we have premium cable I can watch it again. The other week I watched some more racing, I forget what track they were at, but one of HPTuner's sponsored Super Cheap Auto cars did very well! Greg Murphy won 3 races (IIRC). Any Aussie (or Yank's) watch this series? It is Holden Commodores vs. Ford Falcons. If you have Speed Channel, I would recommend you watch!

Can you see the little HPTuners logo?

Last edited by 12secSS; 12-13-2005 at 08:36 AM.

The company behind this team, Paul Weel Racing (PWR) use our software for development of their (Magnuson) s/c kits and do mail order tunes.

www.pwr.com.au

Too bad the V8 Supercars run MOTEC engine management

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Aw, bummer! And no mention of HPT on their site either.

So do you watch this series Chris?

The V8 Supercars is the most popular motorsport in the country.

650hp V8's + Holden vs. Ford + cold beer... Sunday can't get much better

BTW, they won't let the monaro race cos the rules require 4 doors. The racing body won't change the rules cos the monaro's better aero would kill the Fords in most areas, requiring a majnor revisiting of the parity regulations (ie. Ford would get more rear wing allowance etc.).

Holden actually made a few Monaro's with 427's in them and ran them in a very popular 24hr race out here. Made mince meat of the Porsche's, Ferarri's, Lambo's etc...
    Last edited by Chris@HPTuners; 12-12-2005 at 05:21 PM.
    I count sheep in hex...

I've been watchin' this series since they started it on Speed. Unfortunately they reduced the coverage to 1hr from 3hrs

That 24 hr race is great (I think it's Bathurst).

Problem here in Canada is, not only do we not get the Monaro (or the commodore), we don't get the GTO!!! Instead GM gives us the Pursuit...LOL

Greg Murphy and Mark Skaife are a few of the drivers I watch. Marcus Ambrose is the man though!! Too bad he's in a Ford
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Quote Originally Posted by xonelith
    Marcus Ambrose is the man though!! Too bad he's in a Ford
    He has signed a NASCAR deal for next year with the Wood Bros team. I think he'll rookie in the trucks and then move into the Busch or Nextel series.
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    He has signed a NASCAR deal for next year with the Wood Bros team. I think he'll rookie in the trucks and then move into the Busch or Nextel series.
    Holy sh!t! He'll be someone to watch, that's for sure. I agree Ambrose is one skilled driver. Sometimes a little aggressive though.

I do (kind of) hate that we in the States, don't see the full action. But it is better than not seeing it I suppose.

Oops, yes I made a mistake it was supposed to be Commodore, not Monaro.
    Last edited by 12secSS; 12-13-2005 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    I guess that's where the money is at. Too bad though. I'd like to see him in Rolex or ALMS.
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1