Thread: How to copy data from one .hpt file to another

How to copy data from one .hpt file to another

In another post it has been suggested that I create a new OS using data from different 2 tune files, one of which may be corrupt. More information (and files) on that can be found here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post327401

In a nutshell I have one OS that runs the car, and one that runs the speedo, but neither do both. I have begun to manually enter cell data from the file that runs the car, into the file that runs the speedo, but I'm finding that some of these PID's (is that correct?) contain large numbers of cells. Initially I thought 'how hard can it be to edit 46 differences?' but I'm quickly finding that making these changes could be very very time consuming.

I'm hoping someone has a tip that will let me take complete parameter data from one file and paste it into the other. I thought using 'favorites' might do that, but saved 'favorites' in one file do not show up under favorites in the other file.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Senior Tuner
    Open the file you want to copy the data TO
    The Click Compare Menu Item (Ctrl1)
    Select the file you want to get dataFROM
    Select Compare Menu again (or Ctrl5)
    Right click on data you want to Tranfer (ie Engine) and select copy Differences.
    Save

Advanced Tuner
    Copy and paste also works.

Thanks very much guys!

I couldn't figure out how to copy and paste parameters, but the compare and 'copy differences' process worked like a charm. Perfect instructions and a huge time saver planethax, thank you. Oddly, the comparison tool was still showing 6 differences in the engine category. The copy process would not clear them, and while investigating the differences we discovered that double clicking on the PID name compares them in detail, highlighting the parameter in green - nice! It turns out the parameters were all the same in both tunes so we just ignored them. Cleared all the DTC's and irrelevant tests, and everything is working as expected now. Thanks again!

Senior Tuner
    Take a look at the labels on the tables that wouldn't convert, they could be different.
    Glad you got it going!

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for that info. I was wondering the same thing.

Potential Tuner
    Any insight here.. got 2 files and when I compare them and copy differences doesn't seem to take it as the stock file is 105 but tune is 315 under main ve airflow.. any help thanks