Thread: Noob Question, Locking TCC Manually

Potential Tuner

Noob Question, Locking TCC Manually

How do I do this with the scanner? I have horrible TCC slip when commanded lock, 1000+ rpms when trying to cruise at highway speeds. Chris at CircleD suggested I manually lock the converter to verify it's not a mechanical issue. I never had this problem with the stock stall, and this stall has never functioned correctly since I got it.

Is it the TCC Solenoid commanded to "On" in the VCM controls to lock the converter? I tried that and the TCC status would go off as soon as I enabled it.

Advanced Tuner
    What vehicle and trans? Anything 95+ you will need to command the pwm and tcc both on to lock. Have you disabled the misfire detection?
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    What vehicle and trans? Anything 95+ you will need to command the pwm and tcc both on to lock. Have you disabled the misfire detection?
    which misfire tables would you disable \ and would this work with the vehicle( 2004 6.0 4L80e ) not running with the intension to listen for the TCC solenoid "clicking on & off". sorry, don't me to steal the thread.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dansztoy View Post
    which misfire tables would you disable \ and would this work with the vehicle( 2004 6.0 4L80e ) not running with the intension to listen for the TCC solenoid "clicking on & off". sorry, don't me to steal the thread.
    It's all good, I've got a lot to learn so all the answers are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    98 Trans Am, 4L60E. Thanks! I'll give that a shot; hopefully it turns out the converter is good.