Thread: Trans Tuning 6 Speed Auto.... Anyone do base tune for me?

Trans Tuning 6 Speed Auto.... Anyone do base tune for me?

I've spent a while on engine tuning...... everytime i go towards trans stuff on my 6 speed auto which i think is a 6l80? i dont get out of it what i want.

Can anyone have a look at my stock tune here and do me a solid by providing me with a base trans tune...... I want to keep the stock feel but make it switch up and down faster, it's so slow especially 5th and 6th at low revs.

I dont want like odd feeling upshifts due to odd shift speed changes or wheel scretch necessarily ..... at wot shifts...... i just want an improvement overall......... can anyone help me out here?

My trans handles all the torque management, i know the newer models mostly use the tip in methods on the etc more so but not mine.....

Have a look..... hopefully someone can help, i've already looked thru the forums and spent time trying stuff but fail
    Last edited by BigDaddyCool; 07-12-2013 at 08:50 AM.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Take a look at mine, I'm really happy with it. I left Normal mode pretty much as is, Sport really holds onto gears, and TUTD will shift at the top of the gear. Shift times and pressures for Sport and TUTD have been lowered/raised, and TM is modified based on shift RPM. I have essentially the same base car as you so it should work out. Ignore everything for the engine, it's a work in progress.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3

Quote Originally Posted by Niemer View Post
    Take a look at mine, I'm really happy with it. I left Normal mode pretty much as is, Sport really holds onto gears, and TUTD will shift at the top of the gear. Shift times and pressures for Sport and TUTD have been lowered/raised, and TM is modified based on shift RPM. I have essentially the same base car as you so it should work out. Ignore everything for the engine, it's a work in progress.
    One thing I have learnt about tuning, generics are no good..... need pointers off my specific tune.....

PS. Try dropping your MAP atleast to 94kpa and leaning out your pe. I run alot more timing on mine with way less fuel.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Download a stock 2008 G8 GT tune from the repository and compare it to what I posted. You can get a good idea what to change on yours that way.

Mine is supercharged, PE and timing need to stay rich and low.
    Last edited by Niemer; 07-12-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Ported TVS1900 OD cogs 10.5psi | ID850 | Vaporworx CTS-V 1:1 | COMP 219/233 .606"/.605" 113+1 | Ported TB | Pacesetter 1 3/4 LT | Solo Mach X3