Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CASE Relearn??

CASE Relearn??

I have used the Search Feature and have only found member complaining about not getting it to work with their Beta Versions.

I have the latest and greatest Full Version of HP Tuners Pro. I need to replace my ECU. I know how to do a Security Relearn, but I can't find how to use my HPT to do a CASE Relearn.

Can someone either explain it to me step-by-step, or post a link that shows how to do it, PLEASE??

I have a 2008 TrailBlazer SS with a LS2 running an E67 ECU.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Nobody can help me?
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Tech 2 for me lol.

when I enter into case relearn in tech 2 it sets the 4k rpm automatically so I just floor it and it cuts off at 4k and back right off killing the throttle completely for me and done.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah but all dont have a tech2 but most do have a HP Tuner..I am in the same boat E38 case relearn stealership wants $100 for it

Watch the YouTube Video I posted above. It's really simple looking to do. And from what I read, make sure you in Metric Mode.

Tuner in Training
    yeah its easy to click the button..but for some the button isn't active..i cant click it

O.K. Did this yesterday. Had to have the Engine Running, Parking Brake Set, Foot on the Brake Pedal, HP Tuners Scanner Open, but not running a scan. Then go to the Tab where you can see CASE Learn. Now you'll see everything active. Rev the motor and BAM, your done.

Tuner in Training
    Oh wow...i never did all that...but let me give it a try tonite and post if it worked....thanks

I didn't think this worked either for the longest time. Like TBSS said, you can't be logging/scanning. Just connect the scanner with the lightning bolt, don't hit the play button. A lot of VCM controls only work this way.

Then I read the instructions in the VCM Scanner help file and it worked perfectly. Parking brake on, press brake, start engine, keep one foot on the brake the whole time, connect scanner, click Begin and slowly rev to 4k over ~4 seconds. When it hits the fuel cut, let off the gas and let it come down to idle. Shut the car off for at least 15 seconds to register the case learn.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    dang it sure is in help..step by step..I bet alot of people have beat there head over that one doing that tonite

CASE Learn: To use the CASE learn function please follow these steps:
    Ensure the engine is at normal operating temperature (ECT > ~65C).
    Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual).
    Turn off all accessories and A/C.
    Turn the vehicle off.
    Apply the parking brake.
    Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
    Start the vehicle and let it idle.
    Press Begin.
    Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
    Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
    Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.

Tuner in Training
    it too me several tries cause i was taking my time to reach fuel cut off....I was thinking it was the fuel cut off in the tune 6k rpm buts its something that is programmed into CASE Relearn 4kish RPM

GET ON THE GAS dont pu$$y foot it like i did...
    Last edited by Guero68; 10-10-2013 at 11:25 AM.

I'm following the instructions in the Help File. Case Learn Shows ready and as soon as I click begin it goes straight to "Not all requirements met".

CASE Learn.png

Also... As a side note.... Cruise Control and Remote Start are not working... I'm assuming that it's due to the CASE Learn P0315 Code???
    Last edited by TYRFRYR; 10-31-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Cruise control and remote start will work with or with out case relearn..check your fuses....main thing dont let off brake and get on the GAS PEDAL...you have approx 4 seconds to reach fuel cut off....dont worry its not the fuel cut off thats in your tune....this one is more around the 4k rpm its coded into the case relearn feature

Quote Originally Posted by TYRFRYR View Post
    I'm following the instructions in the Help File. Case Learn Shows ready and as soon as I click begin it goes straight to "Not all requirements met".

CASE Learn.png

Also... As a side note.... Cruise Control and Remote Start are not working... I'm assuming that it's due to the CASE Learn P0315 Code???

I am having exactly the same issue with "Not all conditions met" , did you manage to solve this ?.

Tuner in Training
    I know this is old, but since I finally got it to work thought I would share my experience. Using an E67 ECU with a 2008 5.3l engine swap.

No code, but figured I should do the CASE relearn since it was a brand new installation with a newly built motor.

First three times I tried it did not work (engine would rev to high rpm with no cutoff, and "not all conditions met" would flash on. Also tried CASE relearn using my Aeroforce guages and that would not work either (no fuel cutoff).

Today I ran the cylinder balance from the same menu a couple of times (first time 99-101% for all cylinders, second time all at 100%) just had all the injectors rebuilt so that might be why it was right on.

Then, after running the cyl balance I thought I would give the CASE relearn another try, and lo and behold it worked ! Fuel cutoff at ~4000 rpm, returned to idle, shut off engine. Done.

So I guess my point would be, if it didn't work for you try again. I should add that I applied the foot brake after turning the key on this time otherwise no difference to previous attempts.
    Last edited by c2vette; 01-13-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The original post is dated but education is ongoing.

I ran the cylinder balance with success but received the "not all conditions met" warning each ( several) time I tried the case relearn.

I have a slightly cammed, otherwise stock L76 with E38 ecm and matching electronics tucked into a '93 Chev.

The case relearn instructions say in order for a successful relearn you MUST keep the brake pedal depressed. I haven't got the brake wire from the ecm connected to my brake switch and I can only assume that is my problem.

If someone can confirm this I would appreciate the input.

Tuner in Training
    After making the connection between the ECM and the brake switch, unchecking SES/error mode for DTC's, clearing DTC's (none showing in scan) and a couple of dozen more tries at the case relearn using most of the variations mentioned in hundreds of posts on the subject.............still no case relearn performed .

As with many other tuners symptoms , "not all conditions met" shows and TPS is highlighted when actual TPS is 16.9.

After replacing my crank sensor and seeing tons of chronic misfires for #5 & #8 cyl., I need to complete this operation to make sure the misfires are not related to any other condition. If I can get the relearn done and the misfires are still showing, at least I can start looking in another direction...............................

Senior Tuner
    I tried this again last weekend. HPT will not do the relearn. It was in a 2001 Silverado that was completely stock. I got a tech 2 and played with it. The brake pedal must be depressed or it does not work with the tech 2 either. Without the pedal depressed the engine will rev to 6000 rpm stock park/neutral redline. With the brake pedal depressed it only revs to 4000 rpm and performs the relearn. The problem is with HPT.

Tuner in Training
    When I begin the process all conditions look good and whenever the brake pedal is depressed "Begin" is emboldened so I know there is good communication with the ECM. Not sure what is lacking with my setup but will keep trying to get it done. It keeps highlighting TPS % but idle and rpms are actually set a little lower for my 6 speed manual. I havnt played with the Idle (IAC) Control in the vcm controls so I am not sure if I can actually adjust TPS to see if it would make a difference in the relearn mode. Have to do more studying.