Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CASE Relearn??

Years later I can't get it to work now. It flashes the TPS field and says not all requirements met. Tried it like a dozen times. Not sure if this stopped working in latter versions of the scanner or what... I'm getting P0340 and P0341 so I know it needs done.

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    I didn't think this worked either for the longest time. Like TBSS said, you can't be logging/scanning. Just connect the scanner with the lightning bolt, don't hit the play button. A lot of VCM controls only work this way.

Then I read the instructions in the VCM Scanner help file and it worked perfectly. Parking brake on, press brake, start engine, keep one foot on the brake the whole time, connect scanner, click Begin and slowly rev to 4k over ~4 seconds. When it hits the fuel cut, let off the gas and let it come down to idle. Shut the car off for at least 15 seconds to register the case learn.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

OK so my buddy read somewhere that if your emissions tests aren't going to complete it won't let the case learn work. Sure enough I set all the DTC's to no error reported so the tests completed and it worked like a charm. Little tip from your uncle Bill. Credit to Terry VanCleve for finding this little tid bit.
    Bill Winters

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    OK so my buddy read somewhere that if your emissions tests aren't going to complete it won't let the case learn work. Sure enough I set all the DTC's to no error reported so the tests completed and it worked like a charm. Little tip from your uncle Bill. Credit to Terry VanCleve for finding this little tid bit.
    Does this apply to an E 40, 2 bar SD, that has P0102 and P0103 failed? If I set to no error reported, will it even start?
    I don't have the 340 and 341 dtc's, but I have had some screwy things happen since I swapped in this motor about a year ago. Just thought I should cover all the bases.
    Thanks,
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

You can still get the emissions tests to go to completed with the P0103 still set.
    Bill Winters

Potential Tuner
    crank relearn

my 6.0 motor now resides in an old truck, therr is no connection for the brake lights to the ECU, other thank the trigger for the TCC lockup.

will i need to wire a positive to the ECU for CASE to work?

Potential Tuner
    Has anyone done a Crank Relearn with current version software on 2015+ Mustang?

Also has anyone ever gotten the error box Timed Out Access Denied while doing Crank Relearn?

Thanks
    Steve