Thread: Trans swap from 2010 to Chevy performance trans

Tuner in Training

Trans swap from 2010 to Chevy performance trans

Working on my 2010 silverado and trying to find some answers. The stock 4l60e transmission went out on me and I picked up a new Chevy Performance 4l70e. The part number of the new transmission is 19260961 and it has a 15 pin connector going into the trans. The Chevy catalog says to use 19257634 trans controller. Doing some searching on the forum I see that in 09 chevy changed some things on the 4l60e and it has a 17 pin connector. Is it as simple as flashing in a 07-08 tcm tune, do I need to repin the connector, I saw that some things like the gear indicator is now internal... I have a tuner but I guess I'm not explaining it right to them and its at a buddies uncles house. I just want to make sure I can drive it when the new trans is in.

Untitled by Badger009er, on Flickr

Last edited by Gus; 07-22-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Well I think I have answered some of my questions. Obvious a repin is in order. I guess my questions are more on the tune, and a few of the wires that are not common between each other. I have DIY alldata so only access to my truck and I'm guessing GM used a standard 4l70 pinout for their performance transmission and the aftermarket controller.

2010 pinout
    A- 1-2 shift solenoid
    B- 2-3 shift solenoid
    C- PC Solenoid Valve high control Sol A
    D- PC Solenoid valve low control Sol A
    E- Ignition Voltage
    F- Trans Range A
    G- Trans Range B
    H- Trans Range C
    J- Trans Range P <<<<<< ?
    K- AT ISS high signal <<<<<?
    L- TFT Sensor<<<<<<Guessing transmission fluid temp + in ref to 4l70 layout?
    M- Low Reference<<<< Guessing Trans fluid temp - in ref to 4l70 layout?
    N- Ground
    P-S Not Used
    T- TCC sol
    U- TCC PWM
    V-Trans Turbine Speed Switch Low Ref<<<<<?
    W- Trans mission Park/ Neutral Signal<<<<< New trans does not have this internal, Will I need to get a external one to mount on the linkage?

Pinout for a 4L70E i found.. Not sure if its the same as the controller gm is offering separately
    The pin layout appears to match the connector in the new trans.

A- Shift sol 1-2
    B- Shift sol 2-3
    C-Line Pressure +
    D- Line pressure -
    E- TCC 1-2, 2-3, 3-2 + <<<<< Ignition Source?
    F-J Not Used
    K- Turbine Speed +
    L- ATF Temp +
    M- ATF Temp -
    N- Trans range A
    P- Trans Range C
    R- Trans Range B
    S- 3-2 Shift solenoid <<<<<< original trans does not have
    T- TCC ON/ OFF - activator
    U- TCC PWM
    V- Turbine Speed<<<<< single turbine speed other trans has

Tuner in Training
    Looked up the gm controller number and found that jegs lists the instructions. It's a pcs controller so I went to their site and found the wiring diagram for the connector.