Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 silverado, are we able to tune them??

Advanced Tuner

2014 silverado, are we able to tune them??

I know we can read them... but tuning ir possible?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    e92 2014s yes. and we are working on the first of the e78 2014s as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Is there a stock file available that you can post?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    our software designer is working on adding one to the samples folder in the software.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2.24.173 and newer includes a sample E92 file in the software build.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks Bill...

Senior Tuner
    Viewing the file I see it has 2.73 gear listed. But it's a manual transmission. Manual come with a 3.42 gear. What am I missing?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Either one of two things. Either this particular vehicle has 2.73 gears or gm did alot of fudging.

Potential Tuner
    I have tuned a couple 2014s trucks if y'all need a stock file just pm.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tarinitup View Post
    I have tuned a couple 2014s trucks if y'all need a stock file just pm.
    Do you tell your customers, for all practical purposes, you just voided their entire power train warranty? No more 100k mile, or whatever they had...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Virtually any modification to your vehicle could certainly void your warranty, guys getting tuning done are usually ones that just bought a blower or headers or what have you and need to maximize their combo, when I was tuning I don't think I had one car come to me that DIDN'T have some form of hard part modification done to their vehicle before hand and simply wanted better idle or what have you.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Virtually any modification to your vehicle could certainly void your warranty
    How does Diablosport claim that their tunes retain the factory warranty even with mods as long as put back to stock before going to the dealer. Why do HP Tuner files not give the same results when returned to stock?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    How does Diablosport claim that their tunes retain the factory warranty even with mods as long as put back to stock before going to the dealer. Why do HP Tuner files not give the same results when returned to stock?
    they probably have something built in to "trick" the computer into not seeing a write.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    they probably have something built in to "trick" the computer into not seeing a write.
    Anymore on this? Curious, are they able to tell if it's been flashed?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    They are essentially being untruthful. Back in the day this would be true for both software packages, at least on the GM side, and in fact, HP Tuners most likely does a better job of returning everything to stock, however, with the latest GM powertrain hardware there are flash counters and event loggers that basicly keep a record of "activity" so those claims really don't apply anymore. They may still hold true for Ford and Dodge, but don't count on it.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    They are essentially being untruthful. Back in the day this would be true for both software packages, at least on the GM side, and in fact, HP Tuners most likely does a better job of returning everything to stock, however, with the latest GM powertrain hardware there are flash counters and event loggers that basicly keep a record of "activity" so those claims really don't apply anymore. They may still hold true for Ford and Dodge, but don't count on it.
    I was just going to say this. So say if you blow up your motor and bring it in for warranty. They will go into the PCM and they can tell how long ago it was flashed last, too. If they notice ANY funny business, they will warranty block your rig. When this happens it's 100%, bumper to bumper, any dealer in the world will see it as well.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by waynehartwig View Post
    When this happens it's 100%, bumper to bumper, any dealer in the world will see it as well.
    I bought my 2012 Z06 used and found out after purchasing that my 5 yr/100K mile drive train was all that was blocked. Probably due to tuning but don't know why for sure. I still was able to get an AC compressor replaced under my 3 yr/36K bumper to bumper.

Here is what I found to have a block:

1. Brakes
    2. Powertrain restriction
    3. Steering system
    4. Suspension system

Bill,
    Will you chime in on this issue? I have a new 14 and would very much like to tune, but not if GM can count flashes. Why can Hypertech and others advertise their product will not void the warranty? Can HP Tuners assure me the warranty will not be voided is I return the stock tune before returned to the stealership?

Regards,
    DWC

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No, we cannot assure your warranty would not be voided by installing a tune, its like if you threw on a supercharger and then removed it after you blew a piston, would you be mad if GM didn't warranty your vehicle? You gotta pay to play, otherwise you are trying to cheat the system and aren't playing fair.

Using that line of thinking would you be willing to say Hypertech’s tune could also be traced? I fully understand the implications of what you are saying, lets just leave the blown piston part out of the equation and just say I returned the vehicle for an oil leak, will they be able to tell if the vehicle has been flashed if it’s returned to the factory tune?

Regards,
    Dave