Thread: goin crazy need some help/ info

Potential Tuner

goin crazy need some help/ info

OK let me first say I'm new to playing with HP tuner and and programing having said that I have been an auto tech and tinkerer for many years. I am presently retrofitting a 06 3.5 Chevy into a 74 tvr 2500m. I have the factory ecu installed and was wondering if other wereout puts for such things as low oil pressure light / gauge, coolant temp, and tach signal... the ecu monitors all of them so one would think that you should be able to access an out put some how with out having an IPC computor . Any ideas

This is swap question, not a tuning question - nothing to do with HPT at this point really.

You would benefit from obtaining the GM Factory Service Manuals for your 2006 donor vehicle. All the schematics, explanations of OEM operation, and diagnostics are in there.

OEM manuals may be purchased from Helm Inc. www.helminc.com

Potential Tuner
    In much of a way it is cause there are many undefined pins in the ecu and drivers that are not used. The donor vehical use the high speed bus to send the info to IPC to decode. If the pin outs showed a location for these signals. I would not be asking these questions.