Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E92 Vats delete for standalone harness/engine dyno applications

is this the same procedure for the 2014 Camaro v6 E39

Potential Tuner
    hi, im trying to get an LT1 out of 2014 vette to run as standalone. I have spark, hp tuners scanner shows rpm signal, airflow, fuel pressure but no injector duty cycle. I have disabled VATS patches 1 and 2, and disabled starter diagnostics, but suspect VATS is still active. How do I view VATS operation in scanner? Am I missing something?
    Thanks, Joel

Potential Tuner

e92 vats issue

I am having an issue with this. I did the above with no results changed the OS to a 2014 as some suggested no change. turns over but will only start with starter fluid is used. current file attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    did you get a fix this is same issue I have now

Potential Tuner
    did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem with a 2016 lt1 vette

Was this issue fixed? i have LT1 engine swapped w/ E92 ecu... and it dont want to start.... VATs and Starter diag both Disabled , anything else need to be done with it?

I have a 16 model z06 ECM that still shows fuel cut in starting with vats off! No issues with 14-15 and a 17 I’ve tried.. maybe the 16 code is different with vats???

Emailed support a couple of days ago and they acted clueless

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    currently working on a 2017 E92A ecm from Silverado with 6.2
    under my os I'm only showing one vats
    under my system only showing starter disable
    am I missing something from all previous responses seems a few of you guys are seeing two vats under OS and also clutch disable under SYSTEM.
    all help will be greatly appreciated

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar padilla View Post
    currently working on a 2017 E92A ecm from Silverado with 6.2
    under my os I'm only showing one vats
    under my system only showing starter disable
    am I missing something from all previous responses seems a few of you guys are seeing two vats under OS and also clutch disable under SYSTEM.
    all help will be greatly appreciated
    Hi, did you get this engine started or issue commented? I am working with 2018 Denali 6.2/L86 and also here only VATS Patch 1 available. So would be awesome to know if disabling that and starter diag is all that is needed?

Tuner in Training
    when the patch is applied, how is the wiring done? is the starter wired directly to the key? and the ecm just sees starter rpm and knows to kick off the injectors/coils?

Potential Tuner
    I have just swapped a 2016 L86 into a 67 Chevelle. I am using a E92 ecm. I have set vats patch 1 to disable, set the vats algorithm to NAO, and set the starter diagnostics to disable. I did the entire write. reread data, all changes were made. When I start the engine it fires up right away but then stumbles and stalls. Are the vats still enabled or do I have a different issue?

Is there anything else required to disable vats?
    Last edited by sheldon.kainz; 04-26-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon.kainz View Post
    I have just swapped a 2016 L86 into a 67 Chevelle. I am using a E92 ecm. I have set vats patch 1 to disable, set the vats algorithm to NAO, and set the starter diagnostics to disable. I did the entire write. reread data, all changes were made. When I start the engine it fires up right away but then stumbles and stalls. Are the vats still enabled or do I have a different issue?

Is there anything else required to disable vats?
    Update. Thanks to Ben Charles i have it running. The vats were disabled correctly. The calibration needed some correction due to a cai and no mufflers. The help was very much appreciated. I have a few things to finish on this unit. I'll probably reach out to Ben for help in a bit.

Potential Tuner
    Tried deleting vats on my 2015 silverado 6.2. I can get the started diag and the vats disabled settings to take in the system tab, but the vats setting in the OS I switch it to disabled, save and write, and then reread the freshly flashed computer and it has the vats enabled again. What's the trick to getting this to stay disabled?

Tuner in Training
    Hi, finally about ready to fire the swap up. After several searches, instead of making my own post, thought I would reply under the mod's post for guidance before buying credits.
    the swap is a real clean 2006 BWM x5 with 2019 Tahoe drivetrain - 5.3 e92a ecu 6l80e which is a T43? ecu.
    I finally got wiring done and read the ECU for the first time last night and saved file. Connected interface and it showed 4 credits All other Gen5 were 2 credits.

I am concerned with VATS deleting and how much this is going to cost credit wise. I have 2 or 3 files i have licenses to, one I messed up and made a hybrid? file and costed another 2 credits. I still don't know what i did wrong, maybe flashed a engine tune file only, not the other licensed engine/trans tune? I don't want to make a 4+ credit mistake

attached 1st tune read

I dont see VAT's algorithm in the tune which i was hoping to try different settings to se if it improves cranking time to engine run time

All 3 or 4 other gen5 swaps had only 1 vats option, it would need to be disabled along with starter diag and still engine would not run.
    I wound up flashing a 2014 or so tune that had VATS 1 and 2 option and along with starter disable and it fired up and that worked great.
    Just concerned about credit wasting to be able to tune engine/trans and if the 6l80e cost more credits to tune.. or if its only the 8 speed that costs extra.

really appreciate guidance on this,
    clint

update:
    disabled vats 1, starter diag, dtc's started and runs
    Last edited by modularfox; 07-27-2022 at 06:08 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2016 e92 out of a zo6 corvette i am running in stand-alone. I have disabled vats1 & starter diag and engine still will not start, injector pulse os 0.00ms and somehow it has vats. I have seen several posts on this, but does anyone have the real answers?

Potential Tuner
    Problem solved, just a bad battery.

i have a cusomter with a 2016 e92 computer that i disabled the vats patch 1 and the starter relay and the imoblizer codes but it just cranks wont actually start and run is there anything i need to do? any help will be appreciated!