Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette tuning ready to go

Tuner
    Anyone have the 2014 C7 A6 stock tune?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^its posted on the first page closer to the bottom.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    When I open that file with a new version of 2.24 it does not show any automatic transmission settings. Hence the request for a file from an A6.

Quote Originally Posted by jim2092 View Post
    When I open that file with a new version of 2.24 it does not show any automatic transmission settings. Hence the request for a file from an A6.
    It's a sample!!!! Geesh!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by obzidian View Post
    It's a sample!!!! Geesh!

Yes, I was reporting that the sample does not contain A6 information. So does someone have an actual A6 C7 tune that was copied from the vehicle?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    similar to the 2013 C6 corvette tcm, just a new operating system and likely a slightly different calibration but not much changed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    The 2014 C7 has 5 different driving modes and these modes change many of the A6 settings. I am very interested in what the various settings are for tour, sport and track to compare them against various upgraded tune settings to see if these OEM tuning enhancements will suffice. Or if the transmission will still need to be further tuned for the A6 to be sufficiently aggressive. Does anyone have a copy of an actual A6 C7 tune?

Sounds like your TCM was powered down when you read the original file.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Potential Tuner
    Stock automatic file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
    Stock automatic file
    Why'd you delete your other post about the failed flash?

I tried to load a 2014 C7 file,But there's no 2014 year tab yet
    Is a 2014 C7 6 speed. Couple new tables but nothing that cant be figured out.
    Phil
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 12-11-2013 at 06:50 AM.

So I got my hands on a 2014 C7 Corvette with a manual transmission today. Viewing it through HP Tuners, I see some promising features for future Corvettes.
    Many tables in the HP Tuners platform are the same, but there are many new tables. Some new tables are more percent based on TPS or Engine Temperature.
    I thought Id list a couple different features and I dig though the tune tonight for future modifications. I can see some easy horsepower and torque left on the table.
    First it’s a E92 Controller.
    The fuel system type is SIDI, or PFI, or diesel. Keep it on SIDI
    Minimum and Maximum Catalyst warm up tables.
    1) Idle table are pretty similar with nothing crazy to figure out, and as we build with heads and cams, your calibrator with have to understand a couple new strategies. New table is are:
    rolling idle RPM and Eco multiplier.
    For the cold weather folks, there’s a new heater Idle table
    New is the Idle launch control.
    New is Idle external load
    2) Airflow MAF
    New table is the Airflow2 VS Frequency and it still scans out to 15000 HZs
    In the speed density table we still have VE CoEfficient tables
    To tune it under the dynamic table, you’ll have to drop the high RPM disable from 4000 to 200 and Re-Enable to 150 RPMS, and tune the LTFT still via the MAF.
    Variable Camshaft timing still have the low /Medium/ High tables for intake and exhaust camshaft base angles.
    3) Fuel table
    Injector flow rate is different and had a fuel rail pressure multiplier Vs injector flow rate, and an alcohol multiplier.
    Now we have many new pulse parameters and split ( double) Pulse, and start of injection tables.
    Cutoff DFCO doesn’t have anything crazy new, but does have some new torque based tables.
    Open and closed loops also doesn’t have anything crazy new other than more intake valve temperature tables
    Power Enrichment can be enabled if above 300 RPMs, but you have to be more than 70% throttle. So it more throttle based.
    The Power Enrichment table is similar as before in RPMs, but now also dependant on Air Charge Temperature
    PE Delay is also based at a minimum of 5000 RPMS and needs more than 20% torque values.
    There’s a host of Knock Enrichment tables now.
    COT lean cruise is back with many 4 and 8 cylinder tables, but who cares, for performance tuning You’ll disable the Displacement on Demand ( AFM) like you to on the Camaros
    We still have the Cat over temp protection you’d want to disable.
    New table is TURBO Over Temp protection. I wonder what’s in future planning 
    4) Spark Tables
    Main spark is pretty standard, but we have resolution down to 1.32 G/Cyl out to 8192 RPMs 
    WOT RPMs at.80-1.00 G/CYL is commanding about 26* @ 3400 RPMS down to 15* of spark at 6800RPMs. First I thought that was kind of low, but now in the variable spark table its adding as much at 9* at some levels.
    New in High Octane DP table is the Dual pulse fuel mode. The low Octane table is very low spark at WOT anywhere from 8* down to 1*. Talk about conservative. Again the variable spark is higher than we’ve seen in the past.
    PE AFR Correction gas. Its still equivalence ratio VS RPM. I zero that out and add it to the main table.
    I see a VERY conservative Intake air take spark table. Other than 77 degrees of air intake temps its either adding before 68 degrees, or pulling timing after 86 degrees, I see up to 5 degrees of timing being pulled between 86 and 122 degrees of air intake temps. That’s a killer at a red light.
    Variable spark timing has several degrees more timing than the Gen5 Camaros tables and about the same at the C6.
    Retarding the decay rate on the knock tables are about the same. Same your motor and don’t touch them.
    5) Torque management
    New table is Peak Engine Torque based on alcohol composition % ( damn corn gas)
    I like seeing this new table Over boost Torque limits 
    Fast Torque Exit is also new with a disable torque delta of 15 Ft. Lbs. Still maxes at though 6042 
    So the best is we have more new Supercharger, Turbocharger, and SC/TC General tables  Hello boost again of future models.
    Since the transmission was a 6 speed manual, the only thing to change is the TPS disable to zero to get rid of the damn 1-4 shift!
    Oh ya, think you have a fast car? Nope, your speed limiter is set at 135 MPH.
    That’s the kids at the candy store look. I still have to deep dive, but there’s power in there boys!
    Phil

Advanced Tuner
    So I'm wondering why you aren't a fan of ethanol but clearly like boost, don't they go together like pb&j?

Senior Tuner
    Phil, you need to post more. You made that very easy to digest...lol
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Fast Torque Exit is nothing new.

Tuner in Training
    We have our R&D C7 now so we've been poking around pretty much during today. It is very like the V6 DI stuff, so if you have experience with them this should be pretty similar. We are still missing what looks to be like some of the TQ coefficient tables like the V6 DI's were missing also. So opening up the throttle rate you need to do via Driver Demand, it will open up the TPS on the top side (This stock automatic Z51 was shutting throttle by torque above 6200rpm), where I saw a gain of 22rwhp above the 6200 swing. The only problem is that the Driver Demand table can only do so much on the bottom side. Factory I was seeing 50-57% TPS based on a WOT at the APP until ~3500rpm where it opened up to full throttle TPS. I was able to get that up to 59-65% on the low side with the D.D. table, but if we had some TQ coefficient tables we should be able to open these up even more. I saw 25+ rwtq on the bottom side from just opening up the throttle, basically the same percentage gains I have seen on the V6 DI motors. It is nice because with all that low end addition from opening the throttle up (Plus the afr/spark) you really look like a hero.

Also the throttle opening rate is crap in my opinion. It took 30% + throttle to move it over the dynojet rollers here. Opening up that throttle rate has never been a big favorite of mine but it will definitely help on the C7.

Also my next step is also to open up the Peak Torque Table Limits and see what that does on the bottom side.

- Matt Sorian
    Last edited by ttpmatt; 10-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    Matt Sorian

MS Tuning, Rosenberg TX

Tuner in Training
    Mine is closing the throttle too up top.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone else having throttle issues? When cold mine works fine. It seems once it gets hot it closed the throttle in the higher RPM's to around 60-70%

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
    Stock automatic file
    Thanks, now have to decode which settings apply to the new modes, sport, track, etc.

Tuner in Training
    No one figured out the throttle issue yet? Its fucking annoying... does it with factory tune also