Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSJ Injectors 101. Your basic how-to.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you haven't already i recommend reading through these LSJ Guides <-- Link

The 10% method takes a while to explain. It operates off the basic principle that if you command additional 10% fuel then the AFR Error or Trim Error should report back that the engine is 10% rich. If it reports anything else, then the base injector data values are incorrect.
    I don't have a ton of time to write the instructions flat out again. Attached you will find the document that i used to develop my tuning method for unknown rate injectors. It's the best i can offer you with my limited availability.

As i said before, its best to send your units out for testing and getting the characterization data back in return.

Disclaimer - Use the information at your own risk. If you don't understand fuel injector operation, injector flow dynamics, or the how the ecu controls for linear and non-linear flow zones, this method will cause major damage.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 02-15-2022 at 10:27 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    if you haven't already i recommend reading through these LSJ Guides <-- Link

The 10% method takes a while to explain. It operates off the basic principle that if you command additional 10% fuel then the AFR Error or Trim Error should report back that the engine is 10% rich. If it reports anything else, then the base injector data values are incorrect.
    I don't have a ton of time to write the instructions flat out again. Attached you will find the document that i used to develop my tuning method for unknown rate injectors. It's the best i can offer you with my limited availability.

As i said before, its best to send your units out for testing and getting the characterization data back in return.

Disclaimer - Use the information at your own risk. If you don't understand fuel injector operation, injector flow dynamics, or the how the ecu controls for linear and non-linear flow zones, this method will cause major damage.
    Cobaltssoverbooster,
    Thanks for the info, I actually found this very article in another HP forum post.
    Since that request I found SJShafer's post about the "HOW to tune the return fuel system".
    I realized that I have more tuning set up(Injector Offsets) to do...before I get to use your method.
    What both of you did, was to confirm for me, that I have to fix this with the Injector setup, instead of killing my MAF table.
    Thank you.
    2006 Cobalt SS 2.4 SC 5spd
    GMPP Stage 2 w\2 pass plate
    Bst ref FP Reg at tank, E67 ecm
    ZZP mid-length header\catted dwnpipe
    253 Whp so far

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    base data is the majority of the issues we see. People get take bad data because it runs ok and wonder why it doesnt behave how they predict, or they dont understand the data or system operation and upload good data incorrectly. In both cases you end up with crap base data which is hard to control and predict.
    I believe the saying goes "you put crap in, you get crap out"
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thanks again for your work, and the advice.
    I am taking the slow methodical path to dial the injectors in.
    Thanks again.
    2006 Cobalt SS 2.4 SC 5spd
    GMPP Stage 2 w\2 pass plate
    Bst ref FP Reg at tank, E67 ecm
    ZZP mid-length header\catted dwnpipe
    253 Whp so far