Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Silverado torque management not completly gone.

2014 Silverado torque management not completly gone.

I am working on a 14' Silverado and I cant seem to get the engine Tq Management to completely disable. Any tips?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Because you don't want it all gone.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Transmission, torque management, shift torque factor, try a value less than 1.000. .500 works good for me in the 1-4 up shifts along with reduced shift times.

I dont think its the transmission torque management. It is the engine Tq managements as its pulling 20deg on a shift. And I have already lowered the transmission tq management but at the actual tables not on the multiplication factors.
    Last edited by RickClarke23; 08-10-2013 at 12:13 PM.

From what I always see of my grand prix the ignition advance always go to a negative timing number, its just how it works.

The negative number lasts for like maybe .2 of second, just enough time for it to shift.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes I understand thats whats its doing. However this can be eliminated with the Right table tweeking. This is Tq management and can be minimized or disabled. On the Gen 4 ecus this was able to be done but the tables have changed or are not available yet. just trying to see if they have a new name with the new E92 "Thought Process" lol

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickClarke23 View Post
    On the Gen 4 ecus this was able to be done but the tables have changed or are not available yet. just trying to see if they have a new name with the new E92 "Thought Process" lol
    You have the table. Try what I suggested, run a log and see if your timing reduction doesn't lessen.

Senior Tuner
    torque reduction. upshift. I personally do not recommend removing more than 50% of the torque management in the 6l80e due to it's setup. You can make it shift hard and fast with it in there.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    torque reduction. upshift. I personally do not recommend removing more than 50% of the torque management in the 6l80e due to it's setup. You can make it shift hard and fast with it in there.
    Torque Reduction has already been turned off. The tune is posted.

Senior Tuner
    Torque Reduction has already been turned off.
    No, not so in the tune you have posted in the first post.

The master Enable/Disable switch is set to disable

Transmission>Torque Management>Torque Reduction> Upshift> Disable

Senior Tuner
    You are right. That usually eliminates all timing reduction at upshift. Not sure why it did not in your log. I stopped disabling mine completely long time ago due too harsh shifts.

Might try going into the Spark Limiters tables. Engine>Spark>Advance>Spark Minimum. My file has a Spark Minimum TqMgt table. Yours does not. Not sure which to use.

Still pulling alot of timing on the shifts but he is happy. Truck made 330.8 Rwhp with a tune and deleted cats/K&N and 293 stock tune same mods. Truck runs good and has a lot of torque. Made 356tq at 4200

Senior Tuner
    spark> torque management spark.

I personally do not advise it.

You do not advise what?

in the scanner you can log:
    - Immediate Eng Tq Src (this tells you what is commanding the spark torque)

Also check out the E78 tuning guide for other interesting things to log.

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...vanced_e78.htm
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    You do not advise what?
    zeroing it out.

Need to disable your CAT Overtemp....

B2S1 is rich and B1S1 running lean. Scanner shows you shifting at 6154 RPM and it's not waiting on speed, guess it's just winding that quick.
    Looks like the injectors are more than up to the task......
    Thanks for posting Rick, nice pull.
    DWC

Yea i saw the pull on that the 2 banks show different readings. I think it has a small exhaust leak on bank 1 where they gutted the cats. Yea it winds first gear pretty quick so the MPH setting needs to be lowered a bit or it wont make the shift. May have been a little wheel spin also. Truck ran good.