Thread: How much boost can you run

How much boost can you run

How much boost can you run with out doing a SD only tune? My area is a smog check area and it wont pass in SD!

So I need a BRAIN to pick in order to help me tune with the MAF left turned on!
    "A wise man once said that it is better to remain silent and appear ignorant, rather than speak and remove doubt".

well...you can run as much boost as your car can handle...but you will run out of MAF pretty quickly...I think I remember seeing guys running around 6psi...and still using the MAF and just tuning around the top end....

you could try to electrically trick the MAF...add more or replace the existing resistors with different ones to "push" the frequency differently and you can run more boost.
    theres a buddy of mine from Arizona that wa doing the SC and he changed the resistors to a different value and was ale to get 8lbs of boost to read 12300hz...
    couldnt tell you values..and he has since sold the car ...he switched to a cobra.....er..I should say his wife made him switch to a cobra..LOL
    -Scott -

i know here i pass with my car in SD. why dont you just tune the car in sd and then when you get it inspected, put the maf on the car so it will pass
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

you can tune your VE for SD and then just log dynamic airflow and plot it to the MAF table(MAF hz) and it will get you extremely close for the reason of driveability....
    pop on the MAF for inspection... and it works like normal...take it back off after you pass....
    -Scott -