Thread: E40 ecm

Potential Tuner

E40 ecm

Hi, is the E40 ECM capable of controlling/driving two stepper motors? reason I'm asking is that I am installing an LS2 into my 80 Series Landcruiser and I am retaining the original 4 Spd auto. The auto has a cable kickdown so I am looking at different options to activate the cable. One idea I have is to find and use a stepper motor to activate the cable that is controlled by the throttle pedal like the throttle body.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers
    Brad

Potential Tuner

Red face Any kick down tranny can work behind yourmotor as long as....

Quote Originally Posted by Brad.S View Post
    Hi, is the E40 ECM capable of controlling/driving two stepper motors? reason I'm asking is that I am installing an LS2 into my 80 Series Landcruiser and I am retaining the original 4 Spd auto. The auto has a cable kickdown so I am looking at different options to activate the cable. One idea I have is to find and use a stepper motor to activate the cable that is controlled by the throttle pedal like the throttle body.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers
    Brad
    a transmission controller and vss signal. I used the PCS controller on a ls1 transplanted import.

Tuner in Training
    You better collect proper details for your experiment or it will be a big disaster.