Thread: 01 LB7 need some info on 20% over injectors

Tuner in Training

01 LB7 need some info on 20% over injectors

So I have a bad set of injectors in my 01 2500HD and ordered a set of industrial injection 20% over replacements. My question is about how to compensate or (scale) the tune for larger nozzles. I am new to diesel tuning all together, but have tuned many different vehicles(all gas) in the past. I searched around the net and have came up without much info on this topic or tuning a dmax in general actually. I have read up on the calculator some and think I can manage doing a 50/50 tune on it. The truck is stock at the moment, but I plan on a cai, exhaust, and lift pump in the future. Just happens that I bought the truck needing injectors and didn't see the point in buying stock ones when I could get the larger ones for about the same cost. I want to learn how to do all this tuning and how the theory of tuning a diesel works as I go but just want to do it as safely as possible. Thanks in advance guys! ANY info is Greatly appreciated!!

Ben

I would like info as well, I am in the same boat.

Owner/Tuner Street Performance Syndicate

06 GTO: D1SC , Full Suspension, 23X .6xx lift Ed Curtis Cam, Mast Heads, Gforce 9" 4.11 Gears, Holley High Rise, Stage 12 Fuel System, Boost By Gear

01 Duramax: Blown Tranny (again) BWs467 Turbo, Head Studs, Exergy Injectors, Lift Pump, Moonshine
    2014 Taurus SHO: (Wife's Car) OR DPs, Tuned, CAI
    2006 TBSS; AWD SLP Catback, K&N CAI, Tuned

Tuner in Training
    This is what I would do for a starting tune: Go to your pulse width table. It's assigning a pulse width to a quantity, and ranges from 0 to 110(?) Multiply the pulse width values from 0 to 10 by (.8) that should bring the actual volume back near stock. Then multiply the other pulse width values by increasing the multiplier until you get to (1). Like (.82, .84, .86, .88, .9, .92, .93, .94, .96, .98, 1.0. Just keep in mind that you're adding fuel, so you'll have to increase boost to match. If you wanted it to match stock, then just multiply all the pulse width values by (.8). Let us know how it goes, and what worked.
    2005 Silverado 3500
    LLY Duramax
    Replaced injectors @ 128k miles
    Removed EGR
    PCV reroute
    LBZ turbo mouth piece
    3" intake bridge with 3" intercooler piping
    LBZ injection pump
    Custom GT4094VA
    Custom 3.5" down pipe
    Boost and EGT gauges

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply, I ordered 20 over injectors then like a week later they called and said they had problems with another customers 20 overs and had to send out my set to them to cover the issue so with that being said and my truck being torn apart already I just decided to go with GM factory remans from a dealer near me that I get really good prices on. I got the truck running again and it seems to be doing pretty good so far. Thanks again!