Thread: Can I use a micro usb adapter?

Potential Tuner

Can I use a micro usb adapter?

I am looking at getting a new computer for tuning and was considering a windows 8 tablet. All of them that I am finding only have micro usb ports. Would it be ok to use a usb to micro usb adapter with the interface? I have searched everywhere and haven't seen this talked about so please let me know if I overlooked the answer to this.

Tuner
    That's something I'm curious about myself. It's talked about here, but looks like its a normal USB connector.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Tablet-Tuning!

Suppose one could use an adapter such as this one?
    http://www.cablestogo.com/product/27320
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Talked to our software designer about this today, and on his surface pro win 8 tablet it has a regular usb which works fine. I don't know of anyone that has tried using a usb to micro usb adapter to get things to work so the answer is you might be the first to try. Let us know how it works out.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I am probably going to give it a try once I track down a suitable device to use. It certainly opens up the options if it does work. I am just know my luck sometimes and I am a little worried it could cause damage to the ECU somehow..

Advanced Tuner
    I purchased a tablet and adapter this week. will report back in a few hours!

Advanced Tuner
    I have been successfully using an Asus T100-T tablet with a usb-usb micro adapter all day with no issues other than being careful not to hit the adapter or stress the cord.

Dealing with myself. I tried an adapter that would allow it to plug into the hptuners unit itself and that did not work. Showed no power on the unit. I have ordered another adapter now in hopes of getting that to work. If not this tablet will be going back to the store in favor of an asus tablet.

Advanced Tuner
    micro adapter works fine for me. other than having to hold my tablet and cord very still. the micro connection just doesnt have enough surface area or terminal tension to hold the cord when being pulled around in a quick car