Thread: LNF Cobalt SS Dyno cuts out at 5000rpm, why?

Tuner in Training

LNF Cobalt SS Dyno cuts out at 5000rpm, why?

Can anyone offer some insight as to why im hitting rev limiter at 5000rpm while on the dyno? I've never heard of this and could not find anything regarding this situation. 08 Cobalt SS TC. All of my limiter tables are set at 6600, and speed limiter is at 250kmh. 3rd gear pulls.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Did u hold the traction switch down until it shut the systems off?
    That has happened to people who only put it in comp mode

Tuner in Training
    Yes I have traction and stabilitrac shut off.

Senior Tuner
    remove the 40 amp fusible link under the hood.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Is this a garrunteed solution? Never heard of that before. Thanks for the help. There must be a limiting table that isn't accessable yet?

Been on the dyno countless times with mine and other lnf's (as I'm sure plenty others here have as well). The only time something like that has ever happened is if esc isn't turned off. If you did did indeed turn esc off, then you're missing something in one of the limiting tables somewhere.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Tuner in Training
    Start the car, push and hold the traction button till the trac and esc is off, make a pull and 5000rpm every time. I can post my tune file if someone would like to look at it. I've tuned several of these cars and never had this issue before either.

Resurrecting this old thread. Did OP figure out? Had the sant issue just now on the dyno

Tuner
    If it's not the stability control you may be hitting a limiter as stated above. Can you post the tune and log that show what's going on? You are probably hitting another type of cut. Could be reaching max boost or something like that. I had the same issue kind of when playing with my cam timing. Hard pull full spool and book, like a brick wall. Only guessing until I can see the tune and log, but I'm bored and can look at it right now. Lol.

I'll post my tune sometime tomorrow. I didnt get a log of the dyno runs

copy of tune attached.