Thread: What was your favorite Present this year

What was your favorite Present this year

well for me..this year...money has been tight
    teh basic story of why...
    I had been out of the touring industry for a while basically taking a break cause I really needed it...it had been about 4 years since I had really gone out on the road for any length of time..and I had been woring for a local sound company..kept me home...but still doing what I loved..Pay was about 1/3 of what I was making on the road...but I was still happy.

well this summer at the end of the season I got some good opportunities to go back on the road again..so I jumped in head first....
    and I just didnt really make enough during that time to make it through the winter without more work or something...and more work has been slowly trickling in..just barely enough to pay the bills...plus a few bucks....

so I took the few dollars I had extra and spent it on the kids of course...

it was kind of a puny pile...but it was My pile to give...

just the smiles on their face was enough.....until something better happened

one of our close personal friends knew about our winter money issues....
    and decided to secretly help.
    She bought toys and clothes for all the kids...and put them in a bigh red santa bag....jingled some bells, dropped the bag on the front porch, Knocked on the door, and hid so we couldnt see her...

the feeling of Joy from knowing that others cared and would go to the length of making it seem like santa droped off presents for the kids was the best present I got this year.
    -Scott -

Sounds like you have some people that really care about you.

This year, I got exactly what I asked for - my XD-1 gauge to complement my LC-1 wideband, a really nice set of digital calipers and a digital micrometer, and a label maker so I can finally straighten out the wiring mess under my dash (from my radar detector, stereo equipment, floor lighting, and much more)
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    i got mostly new duck hunting stuff, but.....i did manage a tool chest for all my crap so i can get it organized. And i figured to give my LC-1 wideband a shot at connecting through my usb adaptor to logworks at least until i get my EIO. And what do ya know, works for the first time! Gives me something new at least to watch until i get my EIO to really get to tuning!

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Just wait until you get that EIO...man. I can't believe people would tune a car any other way. As soon as the USB comes out, my serial unit is being shipped to them to get that little gem. I wonder what gauge wire the EIO plug will accept
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130

Advanced Tuner
    i dunno, but the LC-1 is like 20-guage, thats gonna have to be changed!

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Money!! My fav present ever! Now I can buy lots of pizza - my fav food ever!
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

got me some gmmg oval tips, koni rear shocks, and with the money im getting an lc-1, new gage pillar, and a/f gage my girlfriend also made this kick ass scrap book for me (she got me the tips as well) and i love it, prob one of the best presents i got
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Got a nice socket set and a Helmet!! Finally, they can't turn me away after 1 run
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1