Thread: Converting ZR1 fuel system from 6 bar to 4.5 bar?

Converting ZR1 fuel system from 6 bar to 4.5 bar?

Can I use the CTS-V fuel system numbers and transpose them into the ZR1 file to convert it to 4.5 bar? I'm installing 60# Siemens that I already have all of the data for but wanted to lower the pump pressure at the same time before tuning it. Car should be around 660-670rwhp so I think they can handle the load even at 65psi.

I know a few on here have done this more than once - can anyone chime in?

Senior Tuner
    Of course you can, it's an electronic system. Just watch your fuel injector DC % when lowering the pressure. You honestly don't need to do such anyway. The stock pump flows like gangbusters.

Perhaps I should be more clear...

I understand that the pressure numbers can simply be changed to match a stock CTS-V file under "Desired Pressure" on the main page under "Fuel Sys", but do the other tables need to be adjusted such as "High and Low Flow Upper/Lower"? The numbers are considerably different on the two stock files, but I would assume those should be left alonelues at stock . But I was wondering if anything else such as these tables in the fuel sys section would need re-scaling in light of changing the pressure?

By the same virtue if I want to change a CTS-V from 4.5 bar to 3 bar can I simply copy the pressure numbers from an LS3 C6 file to the CTS-V file? And if so I assume that the same tables I asked about above would need to be changed (or left alone) accordingly?

If I have Banish's data for the flow matched Siemens 60#'s then there are no additional things to adjust if the pressure gets changed correct?