Thread: Looking for an affordable dyno

Tuner in Training

Looking for an affordable dyno

Hi there,

I'm looking into the possibility to buy a dyno. From what i have found, i think i might like the mustang dyno the most. Basicly because i do allot of transmission work and tuning. And the mustang has 1/4 mile simulation.
    I've found several dyno's in my budget, but they are old and outdated software(10 years).

So basicly 2 questions.
    Is there any other Dyno that supports 1/4 mile simulation like the mustang?

And does anyone know of a good used dyno for sale? I would preffer a 4wd, but my budget will probably only support a 2wd.
    Single roller has the prefference offcourse.

Thank you

Michel

I have my Analog 2wd Dyno Dynamics FS currently. PM me for details if you are interested.

Mine has alot of loading capabilities however does not off a 1/4 mile simulation like the Mustangs offer. If you are looking for a dyno to do WOT pulls through the gears on to set shift points etc then this one will work for that as well pending you can get it to hook up in the lower gears. I've done quite a bit of WOT pulls through the gears to set shift points on LS cars.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Lsx, where are you located?

I'm in Central KY
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Not sure what your budget is but I am looking at one from here.

For my current needs the 5000 is what I will be ordering, all I have read seems to be good info and their support from what I talked to was decent.

http://www.dynocom.net/catalog/type.asp?iType=29

I would talk to a few shop owners that have a DynoCom before buying it. All of the shops I have helped in the pasted that owned one hated it, but I have heard they have made some improvements.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

The Dynocom I used today broke after two pulls.

Picking up a MD-1100 shortly. You have to just keep an eye out.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

i have a dynocom 6000 series X-cut with a fs-160 eddy!
    we got it in late june and havent looked back!
    82 dyno tune session's so far over a 100 miles on it!
    jeditekk customandperformance on facebook
    ive had more issue's with my concrete than anything!lmao
    tsp LQ9 408, wiesco -10cc, ls7s cam,tsp 5.3Lheads ,stock rockers with upgraded trunions,BBK intake manifold;ported polished intake runners,80MM Tb,haltech CAI,Longtubes,RPM full drivetrain,3:15 gears.

affordable is relative, but if it's in your budget, check out Superflow.
    I've had mine since 2003 and the only thing I've changed are the roller bearings, which is a wearable item and the computer board which was cheap and I wanted todays latest updates.

mechanically it's been great, had a few operator issues signal pick up issues, but that's all been corrected with the updates.

it's a loaded/eddy/brake dyno as well, great for fuel injection and load/road testing.