Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Banish DVD

Tuner in Training

Greg Banish DVD

From those of you who have purchased the Greg Banish DVD (GM EFI Tuning Beginners Guide) did you think it was worth it? Any disappointments? Any other tuning material you recommend? I'm a competent beginner (Did my heads/cam/intake/supercharger/converter/rearend/etc. myself) but I'm new to EFI tuning. Any advice/recommendations you can provide would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by reactor2; 09-06-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Tuner
    The more information/ material you can get your hands on, the more you will learn. Best thing about Greg's DVD is he not only explains how, he explains why.

Between a few very informative threads here, the guides on ls1tuningguides, and Greg's DVD you will have a very good foundation to learn and build upon.

All that said yes it is worth getting his DVD.

I have the calibrated success DVD that you can take off my hands if you want it. I'd sell it for way cheaper than buying it new.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I have the calibrated success DVD that you can take off my hands if you want it. I'd sell it for way cheaper than buying it new.
    Sure, PM me with a price.

Potential Tuner
    You still have dvd

Tuner in Training
    there is def some good info in the DVD i need to go back and watch it again. I learn better by watching, so the DVD was great for me. I also bought it second hand and save some money (sorry Greg).
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Potential Tuner

you selling dvd

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    there is def some good info in the DVD i need to go back and watch it again. I learn better by watching, so the DVD was great for me. I also bought it second hand and save some money (sorry Greg).

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon View Post
    I also bought it second hand and save some money (sorry Greg).
    As long as you bought a legitimate copy used, I have no complaints. I'm glad you were able to find a deal and liked what I had to offer.

For those who think it might be a good idea to fence bootleg copies, well, bad idea... I'm already dealing with one prime offender in federal court. This takes time and resources away from my ability to make future training material available to you guys.

Senior Tuner
    Greg,

Have you released a newer version with more injector data? It seems there's a lot of new injector choices since your original DVD. Granted, some of them (like injector dynamics) come with all the data you need anyways, but some don't.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    The Brandish DVD yes. The others stuff not so much
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by maznfox View Post
    you selling dvd
    No i will be keeping the DVD as reference material. I'm kind of a hoarder like that. sorry.
    Last edited by LooseCannon; 10-02-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Senior Tuner
    Greg's DVD coupled with his book; "Advanced Tuning Techniques", are the absolute tops in my recommendation list. Those two resources together are a very powerful combo when it comes to picking this stuff up. You can also use the search function and read everything Greg has helped with here in the forum. Guys like Greg, DSteck, Soundengineer, Bill, RussK are all people you should read around...and that is just to name a few! They are a cornucopia of knowledge!! HAHHAHahhaha...
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I highly recommend Greg's DVDs. Yes, they are worth the money, no question. I also recommend his books if you want to understand everything
    going on with the motor and why you are changing the parameters that you need to change. Two excellent books on how to use HP Tuners that
    everyone should own are "The Ultimate GM Tuning Guide for HP Tuners" by Don LaSota, and "Master EFI Tuner - GM EFI" by Dan Maslic. I consider
    these two books and Greg's first tuning DVD to be essential to learning how to tune correctly.

Anyone have this for sale second hand? To get a new one shipped here it'll be over $400... Ouch!
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

2006 Escalade LMM Duramax Tuned
    2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L
    56 GMC 100 Status Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by amok View Post
    Anyone have this for sale second hand? To get a new one shipped here it'll be over $400... Ouch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrperformance View Post
    2014 HSV Clubsport R8, 6.2L LS3 engine
    VCM OTR + Tuned
    Magnuson MP1900 supercharger, 9psi pulley and 60lb injectors to be added soon

Worth it. I wish he came up with new ones.

I purchased both of them and definitely worth the money. I have yet to find someone offering one or both used.

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reactor2 View Post
    From those of you who have purchased the Greg Banish DVD (GM EFI Tuning Beginners Guide) did you think it was worth it? Any disappointments? Any other tuning material you recommend? I'm a competent beginner (Did my heads/cam/intake/supercharger/converter/rearend/etc. myself) but I'm new to EFI tuning. Any advice/recommendations you can provide would be great. Thanks!

Anyone have this DVD for sale?

PM sent

2000 S10 Twin Turbo 6.0L