Thread: need help with transmission issue 2.2 cobalt

Potential Tuner

need help with transmission issue 2.2 cobalt

hey guys new to the fourm. i came here to try and get some help

i have a 08 cobalt ls 2.2 automatic that is supercharged on a 3.0 pulley. i have the ZZP kit. bought it from them brand new
    i got it tuned and the sc kit installed locally. ever since the car came out of the shop from being tuned/supercharged i have a weird transmission problem.
    when the car is in park you can rev it fine to the 4k limiter. the second you take it out of park and put it into R N D I or L. than go back into park or neutral and go to rev the car the car's rpms rev up to 4k but it is very laggy and rises up slow. sometimes when i put my foot on the pedal and put it to the floor it does nothing for a few seconds..

i brought the car to another tuner in janurary who was supose to retune it and all that and he told me that my transmission harness is the problem that the car does this. he adviced me to go to the dealer as he was backed up to perform the work.
    the dealer replaced the harness and the car still does this.
    they checked all other electrical harness's wires connectors and all that and they cant find anything.
    they thought it was my tcm but its not because that was replaced back in november ( long story i went to a tuner from cobaltss.net who tunes cobalts in MA and he plugged my car into HPT and he fried my pcm, bcm and tcm) so they were all replaced...

here is a video of what my car is doing.
    http://s43.photobucket.com/user/tony...01431994301242

the dealer said they are 99% sure that the problem is in my tune because they cant find any other electrical shorts or ANYTHING else.
    i do have a copy of my tune as well. What im looking for is someone to look over my tune and see if they see anything that may contribute to this problem.
    alot of codes have been disabled in the tune because the original tuner didnt know wtf he was doing. reason car drives like shit. it stalls (due to injectors shutting down low surges shift points arent correct at all. the car shifts hard because the shifts arent firm whatsoever. the other guy who datalogged it in jan said the maf was totaly in left field and injectors werent even scaled right and a bunch of other things.

im on 60 pound injectors. he was planning on retuning me and putting me on 42#

anyone who can help me out id appreciate it. attatched is my stock tuned and the sc tune.

BL_2.2_Cobalt_Auto_Stock.hpt

11-3-12_Brandon_1.hpt
    Last edited by 2.2SCBalt; 09-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Potential Tuner
    bump

Potential Tuner
    70 views no replys..??

bump

Quote Originally Posted by 2.2SCBalt View Post
    70 views no replys..??

bump
    Did Zzp supply you with a tune at all? Do you have HP tuners? You need to get the injector tables right and dial in your maf. I would start back on the original calibration and work from there

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GXPLS4 View Post
    Did Zzp supply you with a tune at all? Do you have HP tuners? You need to get the injector tables right and dial in your maf. I would start back on the original calibration and work from there

no. zzp did not tune this car.
    a local shop full of scumbags tuned this car. took my money and sent me on my way.

car is currently at another tuner who knows what he is doing and hes retuning everything.

Tuner in Training
    So I'm curious, What ever happened to the cobalt? More responsive?

Same here. Having exact same issue.