Thread: Newbie that needs help. stall after cam swap

Tuner in Training

Newbie that needs help. stall after cam swap

first of all I have a 99 Camaro z28. today I just swapped in a 220 cam and long tubes and took the egr off. well when im coming to a stop the car dies at idle. I know the car now needs a tune, but I really want to learn hp tuners instead of just taking it to my tuner. can someone please point me in the right direction. here is a file of my car.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    damn, I guess the file didn't save right. but tomorrow I will make another drive and save the file again and repost.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    That looks like a scanner config file, not a tune, the help file www.hptuners.com/help is a good starting point on how to read your pcm as are the demo's.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    idle cam.hpldrive cam.hpl

well here they are.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    That looks like a scanner config file, not a tune, the help file www.hptuners.com/help is a good starting point on how to read your pcm as are the demo's.
    yea im been looking through that section pretty good lately. I need to keep reading lol. Im all over the place with it though, Id kinda like to know what area really to focus on the most with the cam. its not knocking or anything right now, so I wouldn't think I would have to pull timing. here in phoenix it gets pretty hot so the IAT tends to be pretty high, especially with my Sunoco hood, but I changed the intake on it and the temps cooled down considerably. I was getting up to 155 degree iat temps, and the car would see knock before. right now its not going into closed loop, I need to get the egr deleted as well. I don't really want to drive the car that much with the risk of washing down my cylinders, if that's even possible with this baby cam. but I also read somewhere that the computer will learn and adjust for the cam if I drive it about 200 miles or so. I need to keep reading, can you tell im a newbie? lol

Tuner
    Attachment 40937 use this config to fix your idle

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by R0G3R View Post
    Attachment 40937 use this config to fix your idle
    its not allowing me to view it.

Tuner in Training
    do I just save it to my computer and write it to the pcm?

this is my current config, I only changed the fan on time/temp because the car would get hot in this Arizona heat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    also if I just uncheck the ses enable on the dtcs will that make the egr code and rear o2s not set the ses light? and if I do that will it then be able to go into closed loop?

Tuner
    Save it to you computer and open it in vcm scanner. For DTC just pick the "no error reported"