Thread: STIT Ramping Down Off Idle

STIT Ramping Down Off Idle

Hey All,

I have a customers car here and it is all pretty good start up and idle wise until you drive or hold up the idle and then it wants to stall after the throttle is let off. What I notice is that at idle the STIT's are just a bit negative, but if I hold up the idle (as in this log) or drive the STIT's will continually go more and more negative thus causing the car to stall when the accel is let off and the IAC counts are at zero at that point.

I could not see any glaring things to cause this and was curious if anyone else has seen this before. Any other car I have tuned will zero the STIT's as soon as I get off idle.

Let me know and thanks.

Mike Norris
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I bet its because the Throttle Follower Airflow is zero'd out. It has to see some type of airflow in those cells or it will do that funky stuff, at least my car does. I would just put all the follower setting back to stock personally.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "cam only"
    228/232 110 cam, 10° overlap @.050" lift
    Edelbrock stepped headers, ORY, hooker catback

Tuner in Training
    Also it may do that same thing when rolling at zero TPS% with zeros in the cracker table. Not sure though because rolling idle might cover that. I always put tiny values in all the cells vs 0's just in case. 0's seem to mess with manual cars, auto's not sure.
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "cam only"
    228/232 110 cam, 10° overlap @.050" lift
    Edelbrock stepped headers, ORY, hooker catback