Thread: VCM Controls "Throttle Cleaned Reset" is dark for me??

Potential Tuner

VCM Controls "Throttle Cleaned Reset" is dark for me??

I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado with the DBW throttle body and 154k miles and cleaned my throttle body last weekend for the first time due to a slightly higher than normal idle, holding speed while driving, and high idle when letting off the brake. Now I need to reset the throttle body and I saw that Chris from HPT added the throttle cleaned reset to the VCM controls. The problem is, that option is dark for me when I am scanning and trying to utilize this feature. Does anyone have any ideas? I have version 2.24.75 and is only 9 months old.

Ignition on, engine off my TPS reads 18 and doesn't go any lower than that. I have to think this is all of the issue if not a lot of it.

Thanks a lot guys. This is driving me insane!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not applicable to your pcm if I'm not mistaken.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Dang, that is a bummer. I guess I need to figure out another way to reset the throttle body/TPS to zero. I was hoping to avoid making a trip to the dealer and their tech 2. Thanks for your info, Bill. If you run across another way to do it I am all ears.

Thanks a lot

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty sure your vehicle would be ETC meaning the throttle controls the idle so it reading 18% at idle would be normal.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"