Thread: setting TCC Min Apply adj due to shuttering at light throttle?

Unhappy setting TCC Min Apply adj due to shuttering at light throttle?

Currently I am running a 3200 stall with a built trans. At light throttle between 2- 8% throttle with the converter locked in 3rd or 4th anything between 30-45mph the car feels like its shuttering pretty bad almost like misfiring. It doesn’t do it above 45mph in either 3rd or 4th with converter locked up. I currently have my TCC Min at 10 while TCC Max is at 96. I read that the light throttle issue may be due to either converter type and/or aftermarket cam, which I also have and the converter slips between lock and unlock. Should I increase the TCC Min apply? I’ve seen ppl adjust them about 10 less than the TCC Max apply value.

also i want to add that i lowered my timing in the areas where the car shutters/bucks by 10-15* and still does it to see if it was due to misfire(s).

Senior Tuner
    You may as well put min TCC duty to 98 and max to
    99, but the problem may just be that the commanded
    line pressure is too low to hold with a smaller clutch.
    Low cruise commands near full PCS blowoff (0% line
    translated to high or max PCS mA). If your OS has
    the TCC-locked line adder then you can bump that,
    otherwise the force motor table can be massaged to
    give more pressure at low throttle (delivered torque).

im using the 01 OS 0411 pcm from a truck (re-pinned away from the 98). i have the FMC table lowered but by like -5 to -10 only in the 85-220*F range. since my trans is built i wasn't certain if lowering the FMC would be a good idea or not. i currently have the TCC Duty Min at 91 from the 10 and it seemed to had helped a bit but now its just barely over 2-5%. i thought to never go past the 96 since the trans pressure only reaches 96psi and not 100psi? thanks jimmyblue.