Thread: o2 configurations for LSJ

o2 configurations for LSJ

I am about to jump into HP Tuners and put a few mods on my 06 SS/SC Cobalt. My concern is about tuning around the o2 sensors. The car is totally stock except for a K&N and airbox mod, which has thrown a front bank lean code ever since.

The parts getting put on will be:
    - long tube headers w/ cat
    - 2.8 pulley
    - dual pass kit
    - 60# deka injectors
    - wideband o2

The car has 2 oxygen sensors from the factory. I assume disabling the front bank O2 code would be best, and just use that port for my w/b?? I haven't bought HPT yet so I'm just ignorant on what the software interface lets you do. I was hoping someone could chime in on what o2 sensor configuration you have used that worked well on an LSJ. Keep in mind, I'm one of those lucky people who has to do emission testing every other year. So whatever I do must pass e-check w/out a CEL on, cause that's an automatic fail. Thanks in advance.

Do not disable the front O2 sensors for daily driving. They are there for a reason.
    Are you installing the wideband for tuning only, or will it be a permanent install? If it's permanent, get a dedicated bung installed.

Before getting into any tuning, clean the MAF sensor. I can't count how many times people have had fueling problem, and the problem had been the MAF.
    Next, read up on LSJ tuning, there is a decent write up on redline forums. My advise is to get familiar with tuning while the car is moderately stock. Trying to learn while chasing down other issues is not fun.

Unless you are completely comfortable with tuning, don't mod all at once. Take it in steps. Add the wideband and the dual pass first. Tune the car. Add the exhaust. Tune again and note how the increased exhaust flow changes things. Then go for the 60's. Tune again. Then pulley down and do a final tune. It takes time, but you will learn properly.

When you finally do mod the car, make sure you get the proper injector values for your 60's; there is a spreadsheet that myself and 04redline built a few years ago. (sorry, I don't have links off hand).
    Tyler