Thread: Can i set cam retard?

Potential Tuner

Can i set cam retard?

Im pretty new to tuning and have been reading a searching for awhile now. I have a 2000 blazer and had to replace the distributor, from what i understand i need to reset my cam retard. Ive read you can do it with hptuners but no one really says how, can any body explain how to set it? i have the 2.24 version.

Thanks in advance

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I've never heard of that one before. You should just have to move your flexplate & distributor until the marks line up, and then drop it in. There's nothing inside there that would loose memory or need to be reprogramed, or synchronized with your engine/PCM. If you lined up your marks correctly (assuming it only needed a distributor), the engine should fire right up.

Potential Tuner
    Well I bought it not running and come to find out that the guy I got it from replaced the distributor with a cheap parts store one and was pretty out of time. I replaced it with a gm distributor, rotor, cap and wires. The distributor itself is in time but runs rough below 1200 rpm. After searching some forums I saw that some people had to go in with a tech 2 and set the cam retard back to 0*.

Advanced Tuner
    there is a pid you can use its was called cam offset and get that as close to 0 as possible. you may have to hit the throttle every time you make a change to see the new value
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Advanced Tuner
    right click the table list then insert. under pid list its under engine, general, cam offset.
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Potential Tuner
    Okay, I'll give that a try when I get home. Thank you

Potential Tuner
    Old thread ... but, wondering if someone can give me some guidance on setting up my cam offset table?? Please. I understand how to add the table. However, how do I get the scanner to read and show me the cam offset??? Does anyone have a picture of their cam offset table? I am needing to get this 1999 vortec 5.7L engine in time.

Thanks for any help

Advanced Tuner
    It's just under (cam offset) in the channels list. Add it to your channels and keep the list up while running a log. make sure the idle is above 1000, there is only a cam offset reading above 1000 rpm.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck