Thread: 98 corvette stock tune trustworty? Any advice needed

Tuner in Training

98 corvette stock tune trustworty? Any advice needed

I had my 98 corvette tuned by thunder racing, well, they went out of business and I have this hptuners ready to roll. So now that they cannot flash it back to stock and I do not want to pay the vampires at the dealership to do it I am lost. There are several stock tunes in the repository but can I trust them. I am new and I don't want to start off with a fried computer. I don't know what is the best way to handle this. Do I just completely write over the tune?

If you will post a couple 98's i'll look them over for you. you will still be 100% Responsible if you load, but i should be able to tell if it's stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jones358 View Post
    Do I just completely write over the tune?
    Keep in mind that if you perform a write calibration from a different vehicle, you will fry your pcm. Just read & license your pcm, then compare it to this verified stock 1998 A4 Corvette with 2.73 gears tune. I don't have a M6 tune.

Russ Kemp
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the quick replies, I remembered something about frying the pcm if I tried to write over it. So I read and license my pcm first, Correct? I Think thunder used efi live to tune it so can I still view the tables that's been altered.

Tuner in Training
    Read entire 1st, then write entire or write calibration. I have a auto/273 so that's perfect

Russ can be trusted, he's helped me with spot on info. Most of your tune should be the same with no changes, just look it over and change what is modded.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reassurance, as long as it doesn't fry anything I am fine with retuning it, I just want to make sure I am doing this right lol

Quote Originally Posted by jones358 View Post
    Read entire 1st, then write entire or write calibration. I have a auto/273 so that's perfect
    DO NOT write my stock tune to your car! First open YOUR tune, then open mine in compare mode. Then you can see what has been changed on YOUR tune. You can copy over differences to your tune to return it to stock if desired, then use "write calibration only" to flash.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Russ k