Thread: New Ultimate Tuning Guide for GM

Tuner in Training

New Ultimate Tuning Guide for GM

If you are connected to the Ford Tuning world, maybe you have heard of LaSota Racing Technologies. We have a very successful and comprehensive collection of Ford EFI tuning guides, including a guide for HP Tuners for Fords. Many Ford tuning shops and Ford self-tuners use our books as a reference.

Introducing the newest member of the Ultimate Tuning Guide family: The Ultimate GM EFI Tuning Guide for HP Tuners Software. In this Guide, LaSota Racing teamed with Bryan Herter of PCM for Less, guru of GM tuning, and Brady McCoy Chief Calibrator of Pickups Plus Cars. Byan as many of you know has been a one of the best in the GM world for a long time now. Brady’s Pickups Plus Cars is the premier Central Ohio tuning and performance shop, specializing in custom builds, fabrications and tuning really difficult cars.

This guide is the one of the most comprehensive GM tuning guides available outside of GM itself. In it, you learn to tune from basics to advanced techniques. As we all know, HP Tuners software is the gold standard for GM tuning.
    Go here for more: http://www.lasotaracing.com or see our Facebook Page and ‘like’ us for an introductory discount: https://www.facebook.com/lasotaracing# On FB you can save $10 per copy, this includes free shipping within the USA!
    We would like to extend the sale price to forum members who are not part of Facebook. For the sale pricing, go here: http://www.lasotaracing.com/MOHPGMTuningGuideSALE.html

As with our other Tuning Guides a downloadable protected .pdf file is also available, though not at sale pricing. Note: it is copy protected, and administered by Drumlin Security in Great Britain. You do need Javelin reader to access the file, available from Drumlin. You cannot print the .pdf copy and it is limited to use on two devices.

We will also soon be available in Apple’s iBooks store and for NOOK by Barnes and Noble. Keep your eyes open for it in the near future.
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech
    HP Tuners Ultimate Tuning Guide

just bought the copy and im unhappy with it, looks like it is mostly genIII stuff, no guide how to tune virtual VE, nothing on injector scaling which are most difficult things to understand in my opinion when tuning gen4's
    2018 mustang gt a10 with headers and e85

Excellent Don! Your Ford stuff was is notch, I am sure this is no different!

Tuner
    Anyone else tried ordered a copy?

Thumbs up

I bought a copy a few weeks ago. I'm not much of a book critic so I won't get to opinionated. It's definitely a nice addition to my small collection of tuning books. It was easy to read, and most of the illustrations were HP Tuner screenshots, so that was helpful. I will say there was a noticeable amount of repetitive copy/paste information to the point where I thought I had actually mixed up my book mark several times. I kind of got the feeling this book might have been someones unfinished project at some point and finally made good. I really liked the fact that the information was straight forward and to the point. I'm not sure the cost is for everyone, somewhat pricy, but then again, there isn't a lot to choose from.
    12' CAMARO ZL1
    Brian Tooley Racing, ID850's, NW102, TR7ix, Ported Snout, Blower, Airaid CAI, LPE 2.55" upper, Metco 9.55" lower, Meziere WP136 HX Pump, KD Innovations HX, Coolant Tank, Saikou Michi, IW Balancer, Stainless Works 2" headers w/High Flow CATS, Kenne Bell BAP

Someone posted that this book primarily covers Gen III V8s. I'm a novice looking to tune a GM DOHC V6 and 6A, is this book a good resource to learn from or should I start somewhere else?
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M

Quote Originally Posted by flavorwrench View Post
    I bought a copy a few weeks ago. I'm not much of a book critic so I won't get to opinionated. It's definitely a nice addition to my small collection of tuning books. It was easy to read, and most of the illustrations were HP Tuner screenshots, so that was helpful. I will say there was a noticeable amount of repetitive copy/paste information to the point where I thought I had actually mixed up my book mark several times. I kind of got the feeling this book might have been someones unfinished project at some point and finally made good. I really liked the fact that the information was straight forward and to the point. I'm not sure the cost is for everyone, somewhat pricy, but then again, there isn't a lot to choose from.
    It seems to be a very common practice in the tuning books/manuals I have read.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.