Thread: "The Interface was not found...." ?????

"The Interface was not found...." ?????

I received my hardware in mid-August 2013 and have been using it without fail for a few months now. As of today it will not connect. It says:

"The interface was not found. Verify it is connected properly and that the vehicles diagnostic port has power."

I have veryified this by plugging in 2 other OBD2 devices into the port that function properly. I even installed HPTuners on a different Laptop and tried it with no luck. I think the hardware has an issue??? Is this under warranty?

Need this fixed ASAP, Thank you

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try a new usb cable, if that doesn't work email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Just tried a new USB cable. Did not work.....I emailed Tech Support just now. Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    glad it was simple and I was able to get things worked out for you roastin300.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Just for reference to help others...Bill remotely accessed my computer and installed the 2 appropriate drivers to get my laptop communicating with the HPTuners hardware. I will verify that It connects with my vehicle soon. Thanks Bill. Customer Support here is great. Thats good enough for me. You have a lifelong customer. I have 1 LS1 s10 and a turbo LQ4 datsun 300zx, and calibrate other vehicles on occasion so I will continue to rave about HPTuners to everyone in the "tuners" world.

Thanks again Bill for the IMMEDIATE support. Made my day.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    glad it was simple and I was able to get things worked out for you roastin300.
    Hi Bill, I have the same issue. Can you install the drivers on my laptop for me as well? or can OP tell me where to download?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSstoked View Post
    Hi Bill, I have the same issue. Can you install the drivers on my laptop for me as well? or can OP tell me where to download?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-installation

Tuner in Training
    that didnt work, or i did it wrong....?

Tuner in Training
    i did the download for vista. clicked on the drivers folder. basically Im lost at step 6. there is no "other devices section" in my device manager. I need a little more specific instructions..