Thread: Getting started, How to go about flashing an EFI live tuned car.

Tuner in Training

Getting started, How to go about flashing an EFI live tuned car.

Hi guys,

So my Hp tuners came in the mail today. I've tuned VW's and such in the past with WinOLS, but this will be my first GM. Here are my concerns before using up credits incorrectly.

My car is tuned with EFIlive, so i can't pull the file or have a stock one to begin with.
    The ecu was a mail order, and comes up at Chevy Express. It was originally for a lm7 5.3l with a t56
    I swapped in a 404ci, then brought it to a pro tuner to have tuned. Long story short he just put a base tune and didn't get further[didn't pay for anything]

Now i want to put a 1bar SD tune on it and am a bit confused on how to go about this. Do i download a stock silverado or similar 6.0 with auto file? license and flash that, then convert to SD??

Not sure how to do this the best way without using up more credits than necessary.
    Typically it would be 4 credits correct? 2 for the car, then 2 for the sd features?

Any help would be great, i did some research but im still confused.
    Thanks,
    Marcello

UPDATE:
    Grabbed another pcm from a junk yard, Still ended up using 6 credits. First PCM won't flash, but atleast it has a borderline drivable tune so i can move the car when needed.
    Last edited by marcello7x; 10-19-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Tuner in Training
    If im not mistaken, i can download a file from the repository and license it to my hpt. Then do a write entire and over write the efi live custom os.

Edit: So i found out from the tuner that he does not lock the file.

So i downloaded a tune and licensed it to my hpt. Now i try to do a write entire and it still won't work. What am i suppose to do to gain access to write entire, or license that pcm.
    Last edited by marcello7x; 10-17-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    EFILive doesnt lock their COSs like HPTuners does, you can simply flash right over the top of an EFILive COS with HPTuners/Tech II/etc.

If HPTuners detects the existing OS/VIN pair to not be what the file you've licensed is, you will have to use 2 more credits to license the PCM and flash over it. If you had the old tuner return the PCM to stock, you dont need to use the other 2 credits.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    As of now i can't access anything. Doesn't even recognize an os vin pair. May give up and buy another stock pcm.