Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Fuel Ratio and Transient Fueling parameters

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Have you tried switching the SD off?

Via the Cyl Air Anticipation switch? I did try that, but found it didn't drive as well.

Or something more?

Switch those off:

-desired airmass initialization
    -Cylair anticipation
    -MAF adaptation

Switch those off:

-desired airmass initialization
    -Cylair anticipation
    -MAF adaptation

I was under the impression that the SD settings were in place to handle very short transient response. During rapid ETC movement, the airflow reacts before the MAF sensor responds, and/or reacts non-linearly.

Have you seen evidence that SD settings can cause/correct STFT swings over long periods like 30 seconds?

Some say the SD would only kick in if MAF is way off or considered failed. I find it's there all the time - doing some corrections, smoothing the MAF curve mostly. MAF is slow to begin with - SD is faster, way faster.

If your MAF curve is way off you just can't tune it with STFT/LTFT because most likely you will be tuning against the SD corrections. Those ECU are about TORQUE and this is calculated from air model.

Turn your SD off, tune your MAF without it. If your MAF is working against SD you can have many different funny things happening all over the place including fuel and torque issues.

Some say the SD would only kick in if MAF is way off or considered failed. I find it's there all the time - doing some corrections, smoothing the MAF curve mostly. MAF is slow to begin with - SD is faster, way faster.

If your MAF curve is way off you just can't tune it with STFT/LTFT because most likely you will be tuning against the SD corrections. Those ECU are about TORQUE and this is calculated from air model.

Turn your SD off, tune your MAF without it. If your MAF is working against SD you can have many different funny things happening all over the place including fuel and torque issues.

I have actually been able to keep the stock GT500 MAF transfer function, and get steady state fueling very well trimmed with injector parameters. I am within about 3% everywhere on the MAF curve. But, I am still seeing big transient swings. Some are short (~1-3 sec); others are long (20+ seconds); before the trim settles back down.