Thread: Newbie question

Potential Tuner

Newbie question

Newbie here. Boy am I confused. We purchased the Pro Suite last year for our 2008 Z06, and used 6 of the 8 credits. Math says 2 left over.

Purchased 11 more credits a week ago, which I thought was too many, but didn't want any issues tuning our 2014 C7 Stingray, and bingo, the new application key I received worked fine. Able to tune the car, maybe 4 times, and we are trying to reflash back to stock today, and Bamm.

License warning again?????? We have purchased 19 GM credits and 13 should have been available. How many need to be purchased to program one car?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Hall

Senior Tuner
    Try and re-sync the interface to the software again. See if that resets the cedits. If that doesn't do it, then re-enter the latest application key, or just request a new one from your customer center and enter that.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    and if that doesn't work, email support
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    There is just something wrong with THE Jim Hall not receiving special support. Just sayin'. lol

Potential Tuner
    I configured a desk top connection device for reading/writing the Chevy PCM’s while they’re out of the vehicle. I have a sufficient 12V power supply and OBD2 connector when doing this. On my first PCM I was able to read and write the file with no problems. I was prompted to use 2 credits to write the file. My only changes to this 2001 Chevy Silverado PCM was to turn off the VATS and make some changes to the EVAP system trouble codes.

My concern is this. I purchased the HP Tuners MPVI2 from Summit Racing with 20 credits. I saw those 20 credits when I agreed to use 2 of them for this first PCM write. Now while looking at my VCM suite info and clicking on the “gather VCM suite information” it is showing me the following information:

Device ID: 2030679953
    Credits Purchased: 20
    Credits Used: 6
    Credits Available: 14
    Licensed Features: Pro Feature Set
    [Vehicle Type]
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado (8 cyl) 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.1, (6)

Is there a reason that I somehow used 6 credits on 1 PCM? More than likely I am at fault for this and I don’t hold anyone responsible but myself. Now that I have the ability to write files for these custom vehicles that I’m working on I believe that I should get some necessary training on how to properly use the program for fear of making more expensive mistakes. I am a 35 year veteran heavy duty mechanic by trade. This stuff is more for hobby interests for me.

Thank you again for your help and support.

Jeff Gravel

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by loosegravel View Post
    I configured a desk top connection device for reading/writing the Chevy PCM?s while they?re out of the vehicle. I have a sufficient 12V power supply and OBD2 connector when doing this. On my first PCM I was able to read and write the file with no problems. I was prompted to use 2 credits to write the file. My only changes to this 2001 Chevy Silverado PCM was to turn off the VATS and make some changes to the EVAP system trouble codes.

My concern is this. I purchased the HP Tuners MPVI2 from Summit Racing with 20 credits. I saw those 20 credits when I agreed to use 2 of them for this first PCM write. Now while looking at my VCM suite info and clicking on the ?gather VCM suite information? it is showing me the following information:

Device ID: 2030679953
    Credits Purchased: 20
    Credits Used: 6
    Credits Available: 14
    Licensed Features: Pro Feature Set
    [Vehicle Type]
    2001 Chevrolet Silverado (8 cyl) 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.1, (6)

Is there a reason that I somehow used 6 credits on 1 PCM? More than likely I am at fault for this and I don?t hold anyone responsible but myself. Now that I have the ability to write files for these custom vehicles that I?m working on I believe that I should get some necessary training on how to properly use the program for fear of making more expensive mistakes. I am a 35 year veteran heavy duty mechanic by trade. This stuff is more for hobby interests for me.

Thank you again for your help and support.

Jeff Gravel
    Don?t take what I?m writing here as gospel because I myself just purchased a Mpvi2 and am trying to figure things out.

With that disclaimer being said, from what I can see, it looks like you selected the unlimited year/model license. That is, you can now tune/ write to any 2001 8 cyl Silverado instead of the single vehicle option.

https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...credit_faq.htm

Potential Tuner
    That's correct. Customer service is telling me that I licensed the entire 2001 model year for the Silverado. They're telling me that it was my mistake and they can't do anything to help me. Great customer service.

Wow
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7