Thread: IAT Spark adjustment but nothing happened?

Question IAT Spark adjustment but nothing happened?

i adjusted my IAT spark table so that at certain preset temp i can either add or subtract timing advance. i have a IAT resistor knob, kinda like a potentiometer that gives certain resistance for the iat to think its seeing a certain temp. i currently have 27* of timing as default and at 50*F i have the iat spark tabled to add 2* but when i went out for a test run and the IAT clearly registered 50*F the timing at WOT was still at 27*. am i missing something? i currently have from 0.56g/cly to 1.20g/cyl filled in.

Log IAT Advance and Knock Learn Factor amongst other PIDs to see the source of your advance. It's possible that it is working and the base timing is biased somewhat (or completely) to the low octane table.

im currently at work. however the Hi and Lo octane tables are identical currently. i did notice that the IAT spark multi 2, IIRC, the coolant temp one, that starting at temp 185 or 190*F the values were set at 1 and anything below that were zeroed out. i currently have my coolant temps hovering around 175-180* due to a wider radiator and the fans turned on sooner. maybe that table might be why? the other IAT Spark Multi 1 has the IAT based on RPM iirc which isnt what i want but all of the values are 1.0.

Some OS have the IAT Mult2 based on another variable that is set to zero, you have most likely answered your own question

maybe. i'll make the changes and go from there and see what my timing is at the set iat. wish me luck and thanks for your thoughts and response!

yep. it works! lets see if it helps in hp