Thread: accidentally wrote over stock tune..(newbie here I will admit) 3bar map?

Potential Tuner

accidentally wrote over stock tune..(newbie here I will admit) 3bar map?

Just booted up hpt for the first time to tinker with before I get it tuned. I wrote over stock tune and cant switch to a 3bar map now!!!! can anyone point me in the right direction? Already used 2 credits and not trying to lose more from a simple honest mistake..Thanks guys

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New pcm is the simplest way.

Otherwise you'll need to find a compatible stock file from the repository or other source and use that as your stocker(but then you'd need to license the file & the custom operating system-4 credits). Obviously a good idea to save your stock file in more than one place.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    ouch!! so a $200.00 mistake in a sense I guess with having to burn 4 more credits on top of the 2 I just used.. thanks for the help and knowledge Bill!

Tuner
    I know this won't help the current situation, but I send all my stock files to my 3 main email accounts, Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail. Then move them to different "holding" folders so I don't accidentally delete them.
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L