Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Bluecat Transmission Table Software

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    While it has been updated to 8 and 10 speed, HP modified the way the entries etc are so it is not just a copy paste any more. Sure would be great if someone could get Phillip to update this for more trans/newer transmissions. I sent him a donation years ago because Bluecat had helped me so much early on when trying to get a handle on trans tuning. I would hand him $100 in a heartbeat for a new version. One that would also mod the pressure tables would be worth $200.
    Which part are you not able to copy / paste?
    Persistence is the key to success

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecSleeper View Post
    I'll have to go back and look. Just remember the last transmission I used it on had an issue. I think it was TCC lockup speed or something like that

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10SecSleeper View Post
    I'll have to go back and look.
    every thing in the TCC section

it has to br broken down and line by line copied and entered.

Advanced Tuner
    Wh I would hand him $100 in a heartbeat for a new version. One that would also mod the pressure tables would be worth $200.
    im sure if a handful of us gave him $100 he'd be up to $1500 in no time.
    I have no problem pitching in.
    there is no info for anything new. The newest it shows is 2010 camaro Gen 4.
    It'd be awesome to have an updated version...

vluecat.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    I know I promised this to you guys years ago when I quit updating my transmission spread sheets,
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    im sure if a handful of us gave him $100
    fingers crossed.....

Potential Tuner

Last Updated: 7/6/18: Version 1.37

I know I promised this to you guys years ago when I quit updating my transmission spread sheets, just hard to find time to make something public releasable. Better late than never I guess. The complexity of making the 6 speed stuff function correctly was beyond what I could do in a spread sheet. To much applying a logic rule, apply another, recheck the previous... So here it is. Was going to make a wizard type utility that just asked questions and filled the data out for you, but gave up on that. If your familiar with my spread sheets, it works the same way. You input the same data. Shift curves are broke into presets that match the Manual and ETC curves for common calibrations. Speedo data and formats for common cal tables are on the export window. Pretty much let the mouse over tooltips guide you if you don't understand. Other than that your on your own. I'll chime in later and add some better description of a few features and the reason behind them. But I again just wanted to make a tool from my toolbox available to everyone.

Last Updated: 7/6/18: Version 1.37
    Thank you for what you do. Your tool showed me how much a well known tuner screwed up my trans tune

First off, I would like to say thanks to everyone for their support and interest in this software. Unfortunately providing an updated version is complicated.

I'm sure it's no surprise that I have kept developing this for my own use. My personal version already has most of the features that have been mentioned / requested in here. Things outside of the shift schedule have not been included though. Parameters like shift time, inertias, oncoming / offgoing / volume presets, ect... actually ended up getting developed in another piece of software that I have yet to combine with it. But aside from trivial things like a patch for the HP Tuners speed unit bug on 09'ish stuff, the only functional change is that the updated torque converter slip/str algorithm from my other transmission software did make its way into the shift schedule software to better estimate converter slip at different power levels. The big change is I have a really convenient way to import everything into HP Tuners with one click. Even at the last of the T43 stuff, but especially with the onset of the 8 and 10 speeds, the number of tables to copy / paste became enormous. So being able to get the data out of my software into HPT is the most important feature.

That being said, it is the first reason I am apprehensive to share my current version. For some reason unknown to me, the powers at HPT treat me as the enemy or a threat. All I have ever tried to do I contribute to the community, which makes their product better and helps them sell it. I typically provide my stuff for free and go out of my way to be non combative. But just like it happened before with the removal of "blind paste" from the editor after the virtual ve fiasco, I am afraid if I make the current version public they will thwart what I am doing and I'll be back to pasting 100's tables by hand every time I make someone a startup tune. And not just the trans shift schedule stuff, I have my own software that builds the rest of trans data, the torque models from scratch, my new version of the virtual ve, all of which I would be hurting if I had to revert to manually move all this data into HPT. I have worked too hard to stream line all this to give it up.

Which brings me to my second reason for not sharing. I'm getting old, lol. I need to be worrying about income streams and being able to retire some day. And unfortunately I can't do that by continuing to give everything away. I would like to compile all my various softwares into a single automated service that could provide people with base calibrations for their mods. Even beyond that, 95% of what I do all day tuning could be automated. I feel like a rat on a wheel most days tuning. I would also like to provide a system that lets people upload their logs and it automatically spit out tune revisions. Regardless, having the transmission part in the wild for free hurts the marketability of the remaining features.

I open to ideas, if there is some way to share and still protect myself at the same time I would gladly do it.

Tuning Addict
    HPT has had some engineers quite because the powers to be weren't interested in upgrading the platform to make it better for people and the engineers were. Guess they have their own interest at hand and are doing what they have to.

Very interesting that you can calculate your own torque models. A few of us have been trying to figure this out for a little bit but keep hitting block after block. Does yours work for idle calcs too or just for "making the transmission happy". Hopefully it also works to keep throttle under control?

Would you be interested in selling the "kit" if you will to individuals? OR will this still be an issue? OR just too expensive for said individuals

If you haven't seen it, Cringer on here has a very nice VVE tool and an even better "self fitting" version on it's way hopefully...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 06-23-2023 at 08:40 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Please share a copy [email protected]
    thk.

Potential Tuner
    First off, I would like to say thanks to everyone for their support and interest in this software. Unfortunately providing an updated version is complicated.

I'm sure it's no surprise that I have kept developing this for my own use. My personal version already has most of the features that have been mentioned / requested in here. Things outside of the shift schedule have not been included though. Parameters like shift time, inertias, oncoming / offgoing / volume presets, ect... actually ended up getting developed in another piece of software that I have yet to combine with it. But aside from trivial things like a patch for the HP Tuners speed unit bug on 09'ish stuff, the only functional change is that the updated torque converter slip/str algorithm from my other transmission software did make its way into the shift schedule software to better estimate converter slip at different power levels. The big change is I have a really convenient way to import everything into HP Tuners with one click. Even at the last of the T43 stuff, but especially with the onset of the 8 and 10 speeds, the number of tables to copy / paste became enormous. So being able to get the data out of my software into HPT is the most important feature.

That being said, it is the first reason I am apprehensive to share my current version. For some reason unknown to me, the powers at HPT treat me as the enemy or a threat. All I have ever tried to do I contribute to the community, which makes their product better and helps them sell it. I typically provide my stuff for free and go out of my way to be non combative. But just like it happened before with the removal of "blind paste" from the editor after the virtual ve fiasco, I am afraid if I make the current version public they will thwart what I am doing and I'll be back to pasting 100's tables by hand every time I make someone a startup tune. And not just the trans shift schedule stuff, I have my own software that builds the rest of trans data, the torque models from scratch, my new version of the virtual ve, all of which I would be hurting if I had to revert to manually move all this data into HPT. I have worked too hard to stream line all this to give it up.

Which brings me to my second reason for not sharing. I'm getting old, lol. I need to be worrying about income streams and being able to retire some day. And unfortunately I can't do that by continuing to give everything away. I would like to compile all my various softwares into a single automated service that could provide people with base calibrations for their mods. Even beyond that, 95% of what I do all day tuning could be automated. I feel like a rat on a wheel most days tuning. I would also like to provide a system that lets people upload their logs and it automatically spit out tune revisions. Regardless, having the transmission part in the wild for free hurts the marketability of the remaining features.

I open to ideas, if there is some way to share and still protect myself at the same time I would gladly do it.

why not get a patreon account, you could upload the file and charge a monthly subscription fee or a one time fee etc.

Potential Tuner
    I don't think I'm alone in saying I would gladly pay $100+ for continued software releases. Everyone knows the value of your knowledge and software. I can't imagine how much time you've put into this.

Potential Tuner
    The website to download is not available anymore, could you share it again?
    Im looking for tune a 99 Camaro 2600stall converter 4l60 trans

Potential Tuner
    I have a question on the bluecat software. I have a tuned 6L80 in my 11 Camaro SS. Stock stall converter. I am installing a circle D 3200. One thing I thought I read is that you should start off with the stock tune with this software, is this true? Or can I only change the parameters that the software spits out when I input all the data to it? Sorry I’m trying to word this properly. I don’t have my stock tune but from what HPt says the sample tune for the 10 Camaro SS is correct so I figured I’d use that. Any other thoughts suggestions would be great. Thx

Entering in correct data to the software is critical. You want to make sure first and foremost you have the correct shift slope. That is the year make and TB style. Next engines rpm as it is set in the calibration you are using. A mistake here can give you a horrible shift/rev limit condition at WOT. Next a MEASURED tire height and diff gearing. Next put in your stall sp0eed and the minimum gear to want lockup. as an example I don't let lock up occur on 4 speeds in 1rst 2nd, or 3rd gear. Last is the "Factor". That kind of fines tunes how aggressive you want the trans to be. Copy all the tables over and then you can fine tune if needed. Cringer has some good info on shift fluid pressures etc. for 6LXX's.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAPARTS View Post
    The website to download is not available anymore, could you share it again?
    Im looking for tune a 99 Camaro 2600stall converter 4l60 trans
    did you ever get a copy, ive been searching for one and have come up dry

Tuner in Training
    Is the latest version 1.37? If so, I have the zip file and can email. If there is a newer version, I don't have the newer version
    Bernie Pella
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I have a copy. Copy EVERYTHING into a folder and run it from there...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gxv43MrwEHD0TJ
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I have a copy. Copy EVERYTHING into a folder and run it from there...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gxv43MrwEHD0TJ

Thank you have done so, but the BC interface is part screen/small and the fields with the number values are scrunched together making it very hard to read.

Will not expand to full screen??

If you mean the output, you are just doing a copy paste so seeing the numbers really is meaningless. If you mean the input screens I would reduce screen resolution as a temp fix to make it display larger and return to recommended when you're done.

If you mean the output, you are just doing a copy paste so seeing the numbers really is meaningless. If you mean the input screens I would reduce screen resolution as a temp fix to make it display larger and return to recommended when you're done.
    Changing resolution does not help (1920x1080).

Here are two screenshot of what I see on screen and it will not go full screen.

First picture is a cropped version of the second which is my screen.

BC Image1 Dec 13 2013.jpg

BC Image2 Dec 13 2013.jpg
    Last edited by slarsen47; 12-13-2023 at 09:44 PM.