Thread: PCM is locked but tuner says its not!

Potential Tuner

PCM is locked but tuner says its not!

Hi
    I'm new to HP tuners but have first problem which I am pretty sure I know the answer to, but before I go back to the tuner that tuned the car I just would appreciate confirmation from more experienced users.

locked.jpg

From the attached image I am presuming the tune is locked. Tuner denies this and says he has no idea why it gives this message. I think its just locked. Is it locked or is there another reason?

If locked, can I unlock with my setup/cable etc if he gives me an unlock code or does he have to do it with his setup?

Also, the Version I have is 2.23 Beta. Is there a later release? I thought it weird to get a beta version.

Any help appreciated
    Cheers
    Last edited by v8yob; 11-01-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Potential Tuner
    So, HP tech say its locked and only tuner can unlock.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You could try software version 2.24 but I'm pretty confident its tunerlocked. I don't recall you referencing the fact that you were using a beta version in your emails.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Did you wait at least 15 secs before pressing Begin?

If PCM is really locked, ask the tuner to send you the last file he flashed then send it to Bill, he may be able to retrieve the unlock code.
    You write the code in the Custom Key field and it will let you flash a stock file and start over.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Did you wait at least 15 secs before pressing Begin?

If PCM is really locked, ask the tuner to send you the last file he flashed then send it to Bill, he may be able to retrieve the unlock code.
    You write the code in the Custom Key field and it will let you flash a stock file and start over.
    I wouldn't be able to retreive the unlock code(and even I could it would be pretty low to give it to this person if the original tuner locked the pcm as they usually lock it for a reason).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I wouldn't be able to retreive the unlock code(and even I could it would be pretty low to give it to this person if the original tuner locked the pcm as they usually lock it for a reason).
    Not if the tuner himself sends the current tune. Having the file would defeat the tunerlock's purpose and means He is willing to unlock the PCM this way, that's the purpose of the custom key field, isn't it?

If the tuner refuses to send the file to the OP, it means He locked the PCM on purpose. If this happens nobody can retrieve the unlock code
    9 sec Montecarlo SS