Thread: Just got my new 408 running and need advice on the initial tune.

Tuner

Just got my new 408 running and need advice on the initial tune.

Car is a 98 Vette. I just installed a new Texas-Speed 408 with an Ed Curtis cam. For now I have the same intake and exhaust as my old LS1 setup but I did put in bigger injectors. I modified my tune only by entering in the new injector size. At first the car would idle fine even down to 600 rpms. I put the tires on, set it on the ground, and now it doesnt seem to want to idle so I have to give it a bit of throttle to stay running. I have idle set at 700 rpm but even when I override it to 1200 it dies when I slowly let off the gas. Its been a while since I've done much tuning for cams and I've never tuned for a bigger engine so any advice on what I should look at to get this new setup running on its own would be nice. The cam is not crazy for a 408, its 240s duration and around 13° overlap. Thanks!!!
    98 Corvette Coupe - Texas-Speed 408ci iron block, PRC 237cc heads, Ed Curtis Cam 239-247-115 .624-.624

Tuner
    I killed the LTFTs and saw my STFTs were around 25% so I upped the MAF table by that amount and it will kinda idle on its own and STFTs are around 3% now. I also changed the tune file to say its a 6.0L and made the cyl volume the correct value for the 408. Its driveable but not good enough for the daily that it is. If anyone has advice for me, lmk if what I have done so far sounds right and or if I need to make any adjustments.
    98 Corvette Coupe - Texas-Speed 408ci iron block, PRC 237cc heads, Ed Curtis Cam 239-247-115 .624-.624

You might wanna post the tune file and any scans you have to get further feedback.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.