Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target lambda for e85 tuning fg xr6 turbo

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Speaking of the #8 cylinder problem. I do not believe the problem is fueling related. Rather, it is from improper tuning, IE using global spark adder.
    Eric, what exactly are you saying here? People are actually using the global spark adder as a tuning device? I have used SCT for years now and tuned many Coyotes. There are some minor differences in these but basically the same animal. I have seen that they are a very sensitive engine and have normally ran them on the rich side and completely take away the pcms ability to add timing thru the knock sensors(especially in forced induction cars).

Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird View Post
    Eric, what exactly are you saying here? People are actually using the global spark adder as a tuning device? I have used SCT for years now and tuned many Coyotes. There are some minor differences in these but basically the same animal. I have seen that they are a very sensitive engine and have normally ran them on the rich side and completely take away the pcms ability to add timing thru the knock sensors(especially in forced induction cars).
    Yes, because they did not understand the complexity of the new spark tables, a 5 degree global spark adder was used. In my personal opinion, this is the most probably reason for many of the failures.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 45T-XR View Post
    that is a nice effort..what sort of MPH?
    Before I went to E85 i was on pump 98 with the stock turbo making roughly 490rwhp running 11.6@120mph on street tyres. Having a heap of issues with the ZF as it wouldnt shift 3-4th at WOT.
    After that went to E85 and a rough tune as was running out of pump and went 603rwhp @ 19psi with a GTX3582r but haven't race it yet at Ive just rebuilt the box and im trying to fix that no shift issue.

230km's is pretty low. I know E85 economy is poor but even on my 600hp tune I get atleast 320ks to a tank around town. I haven't run it on the highway yet.
    Check the 02 sensor signals, you might have a crook one.
    Hi mate sorry for late reply. I went 112.2 mph and about 93 mph half track. I would love to get 320 a tank around town. Set stoic to 9.7 wot 0.80 lambda. Im going to play with ignition timing because I have a feel fuel economy is better with more put in safely

Advanced Tuner
    Use 9.87 for stoich ratio and recheck your WOT lambda. are you commanding .8 in your base fuel table?

Tuner in Training
    Currently 9.7 stoich and wot is 0.80. Ill change it to 9.87 see how she goes.

Advanced Tuner
    so when you go 9.7 for E85, no more closed loop with the standard oxygen sensor. Is this right?

Advanced Tuner
    If the right stoich scalar is used your trims will not change much. There is no individual cylinder fuel tuning for the BA/BF. There appears to be a table in SCT but this is actually the battery offset table presented very unusually.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Brendon. I just thought the stock O2 sensor would not work at 9.7:1 in closed loop with E85. I thought the stock sensor could only do 14.7 ratio. Nevertheless I am putting a tank of E85 in soon to suss it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock o2 is a lambda sensor not an AFR sensor. It's set up to read 1.00 lambda.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, it makes sense now

Tuner in Training
    By targeting 1 lambda the stock o2 sensor will still target 1 lambda because it measures the oxygen content value regardless of fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys. I should have worked this out myself but I have 100000000 things on my mind ATM.

I put my first tank of E85 in today. Changed the stoich to 10 for the moment (still about 10l of BP98) and runs sweet just cruising around.

The exhaust air is just so much cleaner. It feels good having 105 Octane.

Has anyone got a proven high boost ethanol tune they can post to have a look at.

Advanced Tuner
    Drop around mine and we'll sort it :-). Poison that tree on your way down the driveway!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I've got some stuff that was banned about 25 years. It might do the job for the tree.

Advanced Tuner
    Hahaha sounds perfect!!!

Tuner
    I'm in the same boat as you trana, I bought the zeitronix ethanol sensor kit, and I have created an excel sheet which will tell me what to put in as Stoich if I tell it what thanks percentage it's running. If anyone has any info on what else I can do that the e85 likes, would be appreciated

Thanks, Joe