Thread: new throttle limit params for SD tuning

new throttle limit params for SD tuning

I've added a couple of new params for those having difficulty getting the throttle to open fully when running SD. 2.24.357 or later.

Engine -> Airflow -> Electronic Throttle, Pressure Ratio Limits.

Try setting them to 1.0

Let me know if any other throttle related issues.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

description says "when fault is present." a real fault or a "fault" like being SD/no MAF?

will this do anything in a normal tune (ie MAF set to 4000)?

Anyone seeing this thinking it is fault only it isn't. It will help on atsv cts vsport throttle closing issues reducing boost. Set to 1.00 on both floor it and smile as you get 100 percent throttle
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Should this be set higher than 1.0 on boosted applications?

I see that the limit is 1.0, but this can be over-riden. Is it safe to over-ride? Is it necessary to go above 1.0? Any more insight into what this actually is or does? On boosted applications the pressure ratio obviously goes over 1.0. Will try 1.0 and report back. Thanks for any insight.

v4.4.2 only goes to 1.

I think maybe this is for turbo cars only, I have not found it to limit supercharger cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I think maybe this is for turbo cars only, I have not found it to limit supercharger cars.
    Factory supercharged, aftermarket or both?

Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    Factory supercharged, aftermarket or both?
    it had no effect on my personal 2014 stingray with 416 and centri nor my 16 Z06 w stock blower nor my 17 Z06 with whipple.

I do however, set it to 1.0 on all tunes, regardless.....just in case, lol.

with the amount of turbo tables that do nothing at all in all E92 calibrations, I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those.

Advanced Tuner
    Setting this to 1.0 caused a Camaro I was tuning to throw p16f3 and lose all pedal (not just limp mode...nothing). Disabling the code in under DTCs didn't keep the pedal from dying, so I changed them back and it went away. Not sure what was going on with it, but we'll see if the customer ever decides to boost it.