Thread: Need some advise

Need some advise

Been a while since i posted here... I have an issue with a 05 sierra, with a 6.0 engine, D1SC, ID850 injectors. I have converted it to a two bar SD tune and installed a 2 bar map sensor.

The car idles perfect, however, when i slightly hit the throttle it goes extremely lean. I have attached the log/config and HPT file for your reference.

I have verified the lean condition with the wideband, however, it is not in the log and not connected... you can still tell its going lean by looking at the O2 MV though. Its currently in open loop and i will start tuning the car partial and WOT using a wideband.

I have asked the mechanic to verify the fuel system and fuel pressure right now, but i want to know if this is a tuning issue or mechanical issue? I did try adding fuel above 60 and 70 KPA but still have the same issue. Maybe there are other settings which i missed out? Are the MAP sensor settings correct?

Looking to see some feedback.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you only noticed this problem while logging? You need to unplug your MAF and definitely remove it from your table. It will screw everything up when you try to log it when you're trying to run SD in some cases that I've personally observed.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    Have you only noticed this problem while logging? You need to unplug your MAF and definitely remove it from your table. It will screw everything up when you try to log it when you're trying to run SD in some cases that I've personally observed.
    Yes i have been logging while the car was running, and if you notice whenever the TPS goes above a certain point (usually above 70kpa) it goes lean as hell... 02's show 100-200mv..

Ill unplug the MAF, but i dont think its related since its already in SD mode after you set the MAF fail safe to 0 and p0103 came up. I'm just asking if anyone can see anything wrong with the HPT tune file which could cause this? If not, then it may be related to the fuel system and fuel pressure at the rails.

Seen this problem plenty and already explained it in my previous response.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.