Thread: TM Removal 2010 Silverado

Potential Tuner

TM Removal 2010 Silverado

I'm obviously new to tuning. I want to start by removing TM from my truck. I've been reading as much as possible and have altered the stock tune file in an attempt to remove TM. I was wondering if someone can take a look at my file and tell me if the changes I made will work or at the very least will not blow up my truck. The only thing I'm trying to do for now is remove all the torque management to see what effect it will have. The truck is my DD. I don't race or drive it like I stole it. I just feel like the TM is really holding the truck back (could be wrong).

Thanks in advance.

Nick

TM Removal.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Why are you wanting to remove trans TM?

I'm comparing it to a 2010 truck tune i did for a almost stock truck and you have disabled alot of the stuff.

Have the feel you want now?
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Why are you wanting to remove trans TM?

I'm comparing it to a 2010 truck tune i did for a almost stock truck and you have disabled alot of the stuff.

Have the feel you want now?

I thought I had to do both engine and transmission to remove it completely. Is there any reason not to remove it from the transmission? What effect will it have on drivability either way?

Torque mngt is kinda there to protect the transmission.

Its really not a good idea to remove it all, its better to just slightly reduce the amount that can be taken away.

Then follow that with a really nice transmission tune and you'll have the truck running and shifting nice and quick without slap bang shifts that will kill it faster.

I'd advise you to read more about your trucks engine and transmission before you just start making huge changes. Understanding how each part of the truck works together will help you to make better changes that can help the vehicle preform at its best.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    OK. I altered the tune to no engine TM and took out 70% of the transmission TM (I think). I flashed it and took it for a test drive. Throttle response is better. Acceleration is better and I can more than chirp the tires if I get on it (couldn't even launch hard before the tune). 1-2 shift is harder than stock. The rest feel stock.

As far as not taking all of the TM out of the transmission, I have read a lot of threads on this forum. There seems to be good arguments for both sides of it. One argument is as posted above (bang shifts = harder on transmission) and the other is the stock tune allows for more slip for smoother shifts but more slip puts more wear on the transmission.

I think the next step for me is to read up on transmission tuning followed by engine tuning but please keep the advice flowing.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nick; 12-21-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    OK. I altered the tune to no engine TM and took out 70% of the transmission TM (I think). I flashed it and took it for a test drive. Throttle response is better. Acceleration is better and I can more than chirp the tires if I get on it (couldn't even launch hard before the tune). 1-2 shift is harder than stock. The rest feel stock.

As far as not taking all of the TM out of the transmission, I have read a lot of threads on this forum. There seems to be good arguments for both sides of it. One argument is as posted above (bang shifts = harder on transmission) and the other is the stock tune allows for more slip for smoother shifts but more slip puts more wear on the transmission.

I think the next step for me is to read up on transmission tuning followed by engine tuning but please keep the advice flowing.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Would you mind sharing the tune you now have in your truck? New to tuning and would just like to review your tune to see where i could improve mine. Thanks, Colby