Thread: Hummer 2 limiter!

Tuner in Training

Hummer 2 limiter!

Hey there!
    I have a Hummer 2, 6.0, from 2006 here and wanted to get the speed limter off! I did it like usually in "speedo" then "limiter" and set everything higher (200km/h) is OK. so, the car is running about 190 - 195km/h on my GPS, but when I check on VCM Scanner, I can see the throttle going from 100% to about 50% from about 150km/h onwards. Of course I can also feel the power reducing! Now I tried the same with the stock file and you can see that it does the same, only limiting like it should at 160km/h. The throttle closes half like on my tuned file. I guess it`s meant to do that in order not to hit a wall when reaching the actual limiter at 160. But, how can I get it to stay 100% open with my tune, since I can't find the right ETC value somewhere else???

Best regards from Germany
    Tom

Post up both your stock and modded files, let us have a look see at them

Advanced Tuner
    Off the top of my head, you need to change the "Source" in the Limiter tab to "Calibration".

However, make sure your tires and driveshaft etc. are rated for the higher speeds. I have seen truck driveshafts let go on the dyno because they are not made for speeds much higher than 100mph. Just food for thought.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! But I don't have this option.. H2.jpg
    Any other idea - like in throttle or torque...?

Best Regards
    Thomas

Tuner
    Need to move all 3 "Speed Limiter", "Speed Limiter ETC" and "Speed Limiter 2". Will Help if you post your files