Thread: Changing VIN in a stock file.

Changing VIN in a stock file.

Have a buddy that had his PCM die. He got a junkyard unit and i licensed it and turned off the VATS to get him running.

Now the pcm VIN does not match his actual VIN and he is worried about it not passing emissions. I do not have this model year unlocked so i cant change the VIN myself. Is this something that HP tuners can do for me if i e-mail them or is my only option to unlock that model year just to change a VIN?

the PCM in question is a 0411 in a 2001 S10.

anyone?

Tuner in Training
    you need to license it, change the vin, and then write entire

Quote Originally Posted by 6speedblazer View Post
    Have a buddy that had his PCM die. He got a junkyard unit and i licensed it and turned off the VATS to get him running.
    Since you already licensed it to turn vats off, you can change the VIN without more credits. If the PCM came from another 2001 S10, the software will let you change the VIN with no problems.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Find somebody with EFI Live. They can change the VIN without even licensing the PCM. You just do it through the scanner. That's literally the only thing I ever pull out my EFI Live cable for.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Interesting, i got an error message saying something like "this OS does not support that function" when i tried to change the VIN when i worked on his junkyard PCM.

Did you get this fixed? I can fix it but you would have to ship them both to me.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE