Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PE Table Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    The boost PE won't enable UNTIL the TPS & Map values are met. So if you set the boost PE at 1.276 (11.5 AFR) @ 110 KPA and left the PE enable at 64% to 3200 RPM & Map enable at 15 KPA (stock 2002 Camaro). You would be in boost before 64% TPS, yet the vehicle will be in closed loop with very negative fuel trims.

So that's why I set the PE TPS% very low and raise the PE MAP enable to 95-100 KPA on boosted vehicles. Then you can tune the Boost Enable Map & Eq vs RPM. You could even set the PE TPS% to 0%, since the Map is the only enabler for PE.

Russ Kemp
    I think we're on the same page here.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VodeAn View Post
    Okay so at 2400 rpm you're getting into PE at 10% throttle as long as the other enablers are met. 10% at that low of a RPM is too low, you're likely dumping fuel when you don't need to be. Post your tune so we can look at all of the enable parameters.
    Final tune and I will say I have lowered the timing across the board due to KR (could be to rich during part throttle but I'm no expert) and also turned on STFTs due to heat soak in the summer which causes the AFR to go extremely lean during idle and part throttle. I have meth for WOT which was not tuned for it. I only use it to lower IAT. I've also changed the setting on the injector tables because I was told by others it was wrong for my Motron 60s. The file below is the tune untouched from tuner.

Attachment 42905
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 02-17-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Sorry Russ, having a senior moment. So my real question is can you step through the 2 levels of enrichment depending on MAP settings... Stoich to Main PE then Boost PE by setting the MAP of the Main PE to say 65 kPA (PE = 1.15 or NA) and the Boost MAP enable to 110 kPa (PE = 1.22 or FI)?

Thanks,

Ed M
    Ed, no need for PE @65 KPA. I would set the main PE enable map to 95-100 KPA (1.13-1.15), then enable the boost PE @105 KPA & tune the boost Eq to where you want it.

On trucks with a roots style blower, the MAP can be 95-100 KPA just cruising @65-70 mph. I set the PE enable Map to 105 KPA for these vehicles.

Russ Kemp

Ed, no need for PE @65 KPA. I would set the main PE enable map to 95-100 KPA (1.13-1.15), then enable the boost PE @105 KPA & tune the boost Eq to where you want it.

On trucks with a roots style blower, the MAP can be 95-100 KPA just cruising @65-70 mph. I set the PE enable Map to 105 KPA for these vehicles.

Russ Kemp
    Sounds good, thanks Russ. Agree the 65 was a bit low.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Nice write up.
    -------------------------------------
    01 SS Red A4 #4987

Tuner in Training
    On a boosted vehicle, I set the TPS low & set the Map Enable to 95-100 KPA.

Russ Kemp

does this apply to centrifugal sc? how low the TPS?

no Boost PE here , just main PE*

the PE curve has to be flat or can be linear progressive (since boost builds as rpms raise on centrifugal)?

* 98 ls1 standard 1 bar OS, maf, vortech v9 on 5psi , mondo bypass valve

thanks

Tuner in Training
    anyone?

i know this is old but i sure wish the links/pictured worked
    2001 3.8 v6 camaro, T5, ford 42lb green top injectors, grand national .63 a/r turbo. 8psi. stock motor, ngk tr6 plugs (one step colder) 91 octane.

2001 4.3 zr2 s10. daily driver, 31" tires, 4x4, cat! and exhaust. looking for mpg.