Thread: Ll8 llr l52 ... 5&6 inline general tuning

Advanced Tuner

Ll8 llr l52 ... 5&6 inline general tuning

Hi guys,
    I tried the search button, but I had no luck.
    maybe I simple used the wrong search item
    there is some tutorial to learn how to tune and gain some serious power from these engine?
    I mean stock engine, with or without CAI kit.
    I don't know how to tweak timing and variable camshaft on these engines....

thank you so much to everyone who wants to share!
    bye

Potential Tuner
    I've dabbled with the I5 LLR, getting ready to throw a small rear mount non intercooled turbo on it. I copied the high to the low octane, changed shift points, RPM limiter, shift patterns and firmness. It's held together for 5 yrs since. The 4L60e scares me and is a ticking timebomb IMO. It has a CAI, and 2.5" straight exhaust. I wouldn't get too crazy and advance the timing a whole lot but they will run pretty good with a tune. I never put it on a dyno but I could feel a small difference after what I did. There are a few turbo I5s out there making close to 400WHP on stock internals. To answer your question yes there's potential to gain a ton of power, but no tutorial on how.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the op posted 5 years ago.....this is basically a dead thread bud.
    good to hear you made gains on your setup but after 5 years i doubt the op is still looking for answers to this question.

if you still have questions then post a tune file so we can see the features you have access to and we can possibly help guide you to answers from previous ecu models to give you a makeshift tutorial.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman